Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Monitor, Mar 26, 2019.

1. l0fielectronic

l0fielectronic Practically Family

No, this is definately the LVC release, as sort of mentioned, see the 'Made in Italy' tag.

I picked one of these up for a good price last year, it was a nice jacket but it did feel like you would have to be careful when you wore it. Areas of it felt a little weak due to the distressing and I didn't want a leather jacket that I would feel like I had to be cautious when wearing it so I sold it on.

I actually had a tan suede version they did too, that felt a lot more solid but the sizing on that wasn't right for me so that went too.

Robbie79 likes this.
  2. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Thanks for your feedback and explanations. I just wonder why the bidding price is so high....

3. RockSolid

RockSolid One of the Regulars

Hey, found this, seems vintage but no idea what it is, conmar zipper which need replacement, i like it but guy asking 1000e :eek:
    It looks like a AMC sportswear from the Rin Tanaka book
    Any thoughts?
    05d6d_VAcNEnBDLjnnvEXgquhiLDhg.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Jin431 and Mich486 like this.
  4. l0fielectronic

I think its the James Bond link mostly, the same thing happened with the Barbour jacket in one of the films a couple of years ago. Sold out everywhere straight away and then silly prices on the reseller market.

I think Levis did about three runs of this one in this colour and the sizing varied across each run, I didn't follow it closely enough to know if a certain release was worth more than another. Could be that. Is a nice looking jacket too of course.

This is about the average selling price for this model I think.

I was on the look out for one for some time at the right price but it was one of those jackets that was a dissapointment when you finally got it.

Robbie79 likes this.
  5. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

The price for the Levi reproduction is now over $900. I do not get the allure for a sheep skin jacket made to look like a worn to hell 30s jacket that terry might source for $100. The examples of the famous people wearing them have obscene bank account balances and probably do not have have patience to search years to obtain an original. A fad buy worth the purchase price if they wear it one time to appear cool. By original I do not mean a Levi but a similar style jacket, it seems to me this era of levi jackets are in the playing field 50s Buco jackets were was a few years back and a lot rarer than Bucos

Will Zach and Robbie79 like this.
  6. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Practically Family

Did you also get the Menlo perfume? (The scent of einsteins original jacket? :p) 4EACA5D8-3FD2-4AEA-85FB-0A983C2FFD79.jpeg

Jumper likes this.
  7. l0fielectronic

I think levis sold the jacket pictured around £370 here originally so it wasn't a super high price, though after they sold out and the film came out the price up about £200 the next year. Barbour did a similar hike with a bunch of their jackets. Seems product placement really can pay.

Its funny, I can't remember when it came out but I think it was seeing it come up on here in the first post of this thread that made me think of trying to get one again - https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/quality-jacket-sightings.75766/

Not with this Jacket, its not the unlined 'Einstein' jacket..

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Mrfrown likes this.
  8. Jumper

Jumper One of the Regulars

This was the jacket that got me into leather jackets. I was obsessed with it for a while, then after I'd seen some others I wondered what I'd ever seen in this one. Though, looking at it again, now, it doesn't look so bad. I run hot and cold, I guess.

Robbie79 likes this.
  9. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

10. tmitchell59

https://www.ebay.com/itm/rare-1930s...030491?hash=item3430dc1a9b:g:~TAAAOSwArNfYPOn

Busted Block Bilt (please see auction for damage pictures) It is priced to hang. The back yoke probably needs to be replaced beside the stitching there is damage to the leather. Not a cheap undertaking, but done well could give the jacket a long life. The rest looks to be decent. Love that lining!

I recently got a Block Bilt and it is a Masterpiece. but also a bit odd. The Front picture of this jacket sorta answered a question about my jacket. I believe this one has roll up cuffs. Gotta have it now.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Jin431 likes this.
  11. tmitchell59

The Seller has well documented the damage. I forgot about the Collar, really brings it farther down in price. These jackets are all about that collar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020 at 5:19 PM
    Mrfrown, Claybertrand and Mysteryo like this.
  12. Kubatu

Kubatu New in Town

AbbaDatDeHat and tmitchell59 like this.
  13. tmitchell59

The Seller has interacted here, but not recently. He does have a nice assortment of jackets.

14. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

i had this one on my watch list but I am not in the market until I sell a half dozen jacket. I have told myself too many times recently "I been looking for this jackets for years and I get around to selling latter". IMO this is a nice one and I never handled a Grais

15. Monitor

Monitor

Cross zipper with shearling lining. Still my definition of a perfect leather jacket!

dubpynchon likes this.
  16. 01flhr

01flhr One of the Regulars

17. Monitor

Monitor

marker2037, Jumper and JMax like this.
  18. Jumper

Jumper One of the Regulars

19. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

20. Jrolfe

Jrolfe One of the Regulars

To those who read what Jumper wrote and didn’t sing it......we can’t be friends. Lol

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020 at 11:39 PM
    RILO, Benny Holiday, Zoo and 2 others like this.