Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Monitor, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Went for $750 including shipping. Is that you @tmitchell59? Nice jacket.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    Jin431 likes this.
  2. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

3. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

4. Kubatu

Kubatu One of the Regulars

Monitor and Jin431 like this.
  5. Monitor

Monitor

6. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

Monitor likes this.
  7. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Practically Family

what do you guys think on this one. Swears it's a Cal, but no tag. I'm waiting on pics of measurements to be sure, but would fit me perfect assuming his numbers are right. Also trying to work on the shipping price because that seems extreme:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124426210385?ul_noapp=true

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  8. Monitor

Monitor

I'd say Cal for sure, yeah. Maybe Al. Lol. But same thing, especially without a tag. Very cool jacket.

dannyk likes this.
  9. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

I have one almost identical to this. It does have an internal Cal label on the left hand side...But its actually this color just much more faded and beat up and has the "fur" sleeve openings. Because of this Im leaning very much towards Cal. Could have been a custom build and they didnt want the Cal label in it.

10. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

right on, thanks guys. Need this like a hole in the head. But if I can get the shipping down, I might try and get it.

dannyk and Mrfrown like this.
  11. Mandarin

Mandarin A-List Customer

As previously said, it looks just like a CAl. Concerning the shipping price, it seems reasonable for an overseas shipment, even below average.

dannyk likes this.
  12. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Looks like a beautiful brown mint Cal, and $27 domestic shipping is not extreme, it is in fact reasonable for a heavy jacket. I bet you $$$ to donuts that USPS Priority Mail on this jacket will be more than $20.

dannyk likes this.
  13. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

His US shipping to my location is $58. That's crazy high. I've never paid more than $35 to ship within the US.
    upload_2020-11-11_16-19-47.png

But so far at $275 and no bids. The 19" waist taper could be let out a bit by the laces. Dimensions are similar to the CAL I used to own, but I could not wear with the laces in. The brown looks kind of "painted" as evidenced by the chipping around the zipper. Nice piece, but for that I would prefer a black one.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  14. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

my shipping estimate was $97!!!! I PM'd him like bro, I know the vintage stuff is heavy, but come on.

Yeah, it's not a got to have it item for me. Looks interesting. Don't have a brown cross zip. Don't have a Cal Leathers jacket. Checks a few boxes in the nice to have zone but this would be 12 leather jackets for me living in Los Angeles. Starting to enter the non sensical zone.

Anyone feel free to grab it if you want (not that you need my permission) but I probably won't jump on it unless it comes down some.

15. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Oh, OK, I thought $27 is a flat rate everywhere. My bad. Indeed, $97 is crazy and a ripoff. Nice jacket, though. If it goes for cheap it may be worth it. Such a Cal is worth, what, $400-500?

16. Claybertrand

Claybertrand A-List Customer

Welcome sir, you've got your foot in the door now. Alas, the Non Sensical Zone is vast and you have much to explore. I've ascended from the Nonsensical Zone to this here padded room in the LOST CAUSE DEPARTMENT. If I can reach the switch with my straight (leather) jacket on, I'll leave the light on for ya o_O