Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Schott CR, slanted chest pockets, brown. 44. How’s the sizing run on these?

At that age I would imagine a "neat" fit compared to a 44" of today. I have a few Schott variants in 44" but not as "vintage" as that brown café racer. 1990 manufacture onwards Schott 44" hits the sweet spot for me.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cal CR in a larger size but over twice of a reasonable price
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-6-...d9e84b:g:LKUAAOSwyQVcXinV&LH_ItemCondition=10
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Definitely an ambitious asking price. And as you know given your awesome Cal collection, their market is just inundated with label-less jackets sold by unwitting sellers at “rock-bottom” prices. I guess they are more common than Hercules, Taubers, etc., but don’t seem, at least to me, to be more available than most Buco.

Unfortunate for the history of an original, titan jacket maker, but I guess good for collectors that actually keep them and are not flippers.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Lol, I'd love to see their face when they open the box and realize it's just a leather jacket after all. One in such a bad state at that, you can't even zip up.

The winners are probably Smiling, just because it has the original Collar. I would think the original Collar added Substantially to the strong interest and end price. Original zippers can be found and replaced.

The last two bidders Knew exactly what they were bidding on, missing Zipper included. When you spend $4600 for jacket you can well afford to find and install an original zipper.

I Would not be surprised to see this jacket reproduced. Japan?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
That looks like one of their early Scout jackets, which is a really nice jacket for touring. Lots of features, smart pocket layout, removable lining, and excellent venting, and well-built. Looks like it's in great shape, and $150 is a good price for it.

Thanks Guppy, it's true these are very functional jackets, kind of like a swiss army knife. Not exactly a style-king but there's time and place for practicality. Ask me why I wear Carhartt jackets, shirts, pants so much.

I'll do a review on the XL-Tall I bought off ebay later this week. It was $160 and a own owner, did not show much wear. I'll see how it all looks when it arrives. HG and First-gear jackets appear to be plentiful & inexpensive on ebay these days.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
That's a beauty. Is it really brown? Hard to tell with online photos, but it looks to have some red in it.

To my eye, it looks overly long, like it was made for someone who's about 6'6"-6'8". Back length is 28" which is about 2-3" over what a Type 3 Trucker jacket is for a "regular" size, but this is a size 50, so whoever owns this must be one huge fellow.

And I really don't care for how uneven the color is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto