Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
And not sure what these two are... Lesco? Brimaco? Anybody?

Sz 40 Long, $50 + shipping w/offer
m_5fb1ddc609d7600be806fafe.jpeg

https://poshmark.com/listing/Vintag...Jacket-Long-Burgundy-5fb1ddc489a0ea2599791698

Sz 48, $65 + shipping w/offer
m_5faac4ec180136f67bd5e71b.jpeg

https://poshmark.com/listing/Vintage-mens-genuine-leather-motorcycle-jacket-5faac4e89eb49d86c18b506f
the burgundy tag looks like something I've seen others say are Fidelity.

I'm waiting on some measurements on a couple fidelity racers on Ebay. Around $100. I'll post once I get more info.

Been watching this vest for a while now. Trying to convince myself I don't need it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marlboro-Leather-Waistcoat-Blanket-LIning-40/303826569352

s-l1600.jpg

Still trying to wrap my head around this one. Probably not my style, but I can see some of you being into it:

i-img1198x898-1609074467hxgxtp1647097.jpg

[Used] Schott Riders Jacket Red Check Ueno Shokai Shot Made in USA Size 40 / [Buyee] "Buyee" Japanese Proxy Service | Buy from Japan! bot-online

If you're shy about bidding on the Japanese stuff, let me know. I've done it a few times and had good luck. So long as you front me the money, I can be your proxy with the proxy LOL

This is really sweet!

Claybertrand

One Too Many
The back design looks a little weird. Halfbelt is too low imo. Almost makes it look like a kidney panel :p
View attachment 295251

I have been experimenting with a design that has a lower half belt and I'm running into that same situation. When is a half belt not a half belt??? I suppose when the belt is not close to half the jacket height??? Though I love half belts, I don't always like the fit of vintage jackets because they end up being a bit shorter and the "half belt" seems to ride high for my taste.

I tend to like the fit better when they are a bit lower but as you say, if its TOO low, it changes the jacket character. For a potential 5*, I have been toying with the 30s Hercules back designs that have the half belt where its supposed to be but they have the side adjusters nearly at the waistline as opposed to up at belt level. Even this though is an admittedly odd design. Because its from an original old classic, I am telling myself its OK to do this to sorta "split the baby" and get a vintage Half Beltish jacket based on a true vintage jacket and have lower cinches.

Its a fine line though---the lower you go with that belt piece.

Claybertrand

One Too Many

These are both positively FIDELITY leathers out of Massachusetts Cafe Racers. Surprisingly decent medium weight jackets considering the huge amount of them around and the resulting generally reasonably low prices for them. I have a few vintage and a brand new one. They only made a couple of CR styles but both are clean and classic designs. What I like is that they don't have choppy backs. Some lower cost CRs have multi panel backs and they don't look classy IMO. The leather also has decent character for the money.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I wrote to the seller to ask for photos showing actual measurements, and got a very rude response from him. They have a lot of inventory and won't take 5 minutes to close a $355 sale. Won't be spending any money on their wares.

Annoying. I will un watch the items snd note this seller for future reference.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I have been experimenting with a design that has a lower half belt and I'm running into that same situation. When is a half belt not a half belt??? I suppose when the belt is not close to half the jacket height??? Though I love half belts, I don't always like the fit of vintage jackets because they end up being a bit shorter and the "half belt" seems to ride high for my taste.

I tend to like the fit better when they are a bit lower but as you say, if its TOO low, it changes the jacket character. For a potential 5*, I have been toying with the 30s Hercules back designs that have the half belt where its supposed to be but they have the side adjusters nearly at the waistline as opposed to up at belt level. Even this though is an admittedly odd design. Because its from an original old classic, I am telling myself its OK to do this to sorta "split the baby" and get a vintage Half Beltish jacket based on a true vintage jacket and have lower cinches.

Its a fine line though---the lower you go with that belt piece.

I just saw this video. A sampling of half belts.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Im in love with that sportclad. Do you still have it?

I would love to own a beautiful jacket like that one day. Will you be doing another new years sale? :p

Yes, I still have the Sportclad and I will be doing a New Year sale. This Sportclad will not be for sale, but I will be offering another Sportclad half-belt from the late 40s and a Beautiful Monarch horsehide Car Coat length.

If you are struck by the color there are two other vintage half-belts for sale on ebay that look similar.

Here is one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/horse-hide...076698?hash=item4daedb1b1a:g:4ZUAAOSw7XNfAjcz

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner