Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Quality-wise, nothing. There is a reason they have been around since 1934.

Completely agree. YKK was literally the only brand of zipper I ever heard of until I discovered this forum. They are amazing in terms of quality and durability. Absolutely nothing wrong with them from that perspective. And I don't think it looks bad as a replacement on that Star Glove, even if it's not period correct.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Completely agree. YKK was literally the only brand of zipper I ever heard of until I discovered this forum. They are amazing in terms of quality and durability. Absolutely nothing wrong with them from that perspective. And I don't think it looks bad as a replacement on that Star Glove, even if it's not period correct.

There was a post recently about YKKs branch that made the reproduction stuff that some Japanese makers use that I found rather fascinating and wished was more readily available in the US market

If you ever come across some of the nicer heavy European jackets in a US size 38, I'd be interested in taking a look. No need to search just on my account, though, since I'm not sure how serious I am about buying of them yet. I liked the blue Harro you listed awhile back, but it was a bit too big.

Will do, and if you see something you're not sure about, don't wait to ask me. I've bought a lot of jackets from many European brands while being a member here tho I'd rarely report about it so should I be able to, I'll more than happily help you out. European racer jackets are as quality as anything US just that most people don't know and nobody talks about them. I wish Tanaka'd write a book about those as there are some brilliant jackets here.

Quick list of brands for you to mind:
Polo - earlier, late 70's to 80's jackets, back when they used that dinosaur leather
Harro - also earlier but it's not hard to tell the good stuff apart from later junk. Harro's jackets are some of the most beautiful pieces of outerwear I've ever seen
Hein Gericke
Segura
Furygan
Schuh - They did suits in mostly goatskin but super nice
Dainese, naturally
IXS

air

One of the Regulars
Will do, and if you see something you're not sure about, don't wait to ask me. I've bought a lot of jackets from many European brands while being a member here tho I'd rarely report about it so should I be able to, I'll more than happily help you out. European racer jackets are as quality as anything US just that most people don't know and nobody talks about them. I wish Tanaka'd write a book about those as there are some brilliant jackets here.

Polo - earlier, late 70's to 80's jackets, back when they used that dinosaur leather
Harro - also earlier but it's not hard to tell the good stuff apart from later junk. Harro's jackets are some of the most beautiful pieces of outerwear I've ever seen
Hein Gericke
Segura
Furygan
Dainese, naturally
IXS
This is very useful.

Last edited:

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Schott CF
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-SCHOTT...869328?hash=item366ce03e50:g:v90AAOSwUu5fkkj8
s-l1600.jpg

marker2037

Practically Family

Hein Gericke
Segura
Furygan
Dainese, naturally
IXS
Dainese makes some of the coolest vintage racer jackets ever if that's your style.

willyto

One Too Many
Pretty sure this is English or Canadian made. Lightning Zippers generally point in the direction of those two countries of origin. I have never seen a jacket like this one. It IS cool. I think its overpriced for a jacket with no label. But it looks cool.

Here you go. it's a classic design found on many different Canadian makers, you can see it often with different labels or no labels including the sunburst back.

My first vintage leather jacket bought from Canada (2016) and it was ~380€ plus the typical customs + taxes(So to me the price tag on the linked one is a bit rich for what it is but prices do seem to go up on Ebay for no reason). Made by Durable it says Ponyhide on the label and it also has lightning zippers.

I was +10Kg more at the time, the jacket is a size 42 labelled.

0A8ErpV.jpg

FvyVWlJ.jpg

zSId1Tg.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav