Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Can't recall if I have shared this already but this seller has these fantastic looking Vanek jackets, going real cheap. That's the same jacket as the one I got. Can't recommend it enough. Construction and fit wise, this eats most other makers for breakfast. Moleskin lined, full of really neat features and details.

https://forcesuniformandkit.co.uk/p...-leather-bomber-jacket?variant=32186287685726

B269AustrianAirForceLeatherjacketfront_2048x2048.jpg

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Can't recall if I have shared this already but this seller has these fantastic looking Vanek jackets, going real cheap. That's the same jacket as the one I got. Can't recommend it enough. Construction and fit wise, this eats most other makers for breakfast. Moleskin lined, full of really neat features and details.

https://forcesuniformandkit.co.uk/p...-leather-bomber-jacket?variant=32186287685726

B269AustrianAirForceLeatherjacketfront_2048x2048.jpg

How's the gray leather look in-person? I like the design and I'm sure its a quality jacket, but I'm not sure how good the color would work. Normally I've seen these just with black leather.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
jeez that is beautiful. Makes me want to trade in my newer 118 for this. But in my mind I think, someday mine will look like this too (minus the the talon zips).

Dont think this model has the underarm footballs which is nice too since I don't ride and don't need that extra motion.

Hmmmm....

jeez that is beautiful. Makes me want to trade in my newer 118 for this. But in my mind I think, someday mine will look like this too (minus the the talon zips).

Dont think this model has the underarm footballs which is nice too since I don't ride and don't need that extra motion.

Hmmmm....

It is. Late 60s? Easy to replace the stars. Leather looks primo. When I think Schott Perfecto something like this comes to mind.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
on my watch list. I got to sell off some stuff though before even thinking about bringing anything else in. I got 3 jackets in the mail right now LOL that I swore are my last for a while (yeah right). Keeping my eye on it though. Doesn't look like it's got a mark on it either and yeah those stars, you can get them from Schott to replace.

edit: just noticed, probably not a big deal, but the sleeve zips don't match. I think the left one was replaced? Looks more brass and different shape the main and other zip.

Ayeteael

A-List Customer
on my watch list. I got to sell off some stuff though before even thinking about bringing anything else in. I got 3 jackets in the mail right now LOL that I swore are my last for a while (yeah right). Keeping my eye on it though. Doesn't look like it's got a mark on it either and yeah those stars, you can get them from Schott to replace.

edit: just noticed, probably not a big deal, but the sleeve zips don't match. I think the left one was replaced? Looks more brass and different shape the main and other zip.
As a total noob, what's the ballpark for a Schott of this vintage? I have absolutely no idea of what's market when it comes to vintage leathers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats