Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Bluechel

Practically Family
For the true BRANDED aficionados.....https://www.etsy.com/listing/145598...0_1682605129_9703f9580aaa45a5423629a568270d50
brannded.jpg

Batoidea

One of the Regulars
Is there anything I should know before placing a bid on Buyee? How it works?
I'm afraid I can't help you there - I've only used other proxies because Buyee is blocked for me. Other members here might be able to chip in though?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Is there anything I should know before placing a bid on Buyee? How it work yahoo auction
No return. They act as proxy and the average seller on yahoo auction dont take return. Such is the norm there. A member here got around the no return by using paypal and filed a case arguing it is not proxy but seller.

cbez

One Too Many

beautiful 38 rainbow country g-1. Not the cheapest but you can stack their 7% off sale and an additional 3000 yen off coupon. My rainbow country g-1 in dark seal goat is fkn amazin.

I have noticed that I typically dont get foreign transaction fees from fromjapan, where I do with buyee. Their conversions seem to be better than zenmarket as well.

a cool burgundy a2, 38

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Goatskin Halfbelt. Size 42, 21" chest - $99.99 opening bid.

I was interested. Not this interested. Busted seams and cracked shoulders. Somebody saw something I didn’t. I do suspect it was a California sportswear jacket, based on the sleeves.
View attachment 512200
Was this set up $550 BIN? I was watching. omg! I did not see the additional pictures below the description. I downloaded all in the photo section and that was enough for me, I could see the tell tale signs of rot. I was intrigued by the jacket, the pocket zipp does say pre-war and and excellent appearing 50s main zip replacements. The Cuffs tell a story, but I'm not quite certain. It is not California Sportswear, I would say Block. They did a lot in Goatskin too and they had some flair.

After missing those pictures I may be able to explain the BIN or one bid. The buyer didn't see these pics either and was going by the gallery shots, which don't have the full details.

Think I should put my Hercules on ebay! It is better shape.

Last edited:
Was this set up $550 BIN? I was watching. omg! I did not see the additional pictures below the description. I downloaded all in the photo section and that was enough for me, I could see the tell tale signs of rot. I was intrigued by the jacket, the pocket zipp does say pre-war and and excellent appearing 50s main zip replacements. The Cuffs tell a story, but I'm not quite certain. It is not California Sportswear, I would say Block. They did a lot in Goatskin too and they had some flair.

After missing those pictures I may be able to explain the BIN or one bid. The buyer didn't see these pics either and was going by the gallery shots, which don't have the full details.

It was definitely a project piece, hard to say the extent of damage with regard to the shoulders. I’ve seen goatskins like this from California before. That cuff, I have only seen on a labeled California sportswear jacket. Lots of design similarities to these Cali goats. Unfortunately I can’t find the sleeve cuff pic.
IMG_4981.jpeg
IMG_4980.jpeg
IMG_4979.jpeg

Leigh H

Practically Family

Vintage Goatskin Halfbelt. Size 42, 21" chest - $99.99 opening bid.

I was interested. Not this interested. Busted seams and cracked shoulders. Somebody saw something I didn’t. I do suspect it was a California sportswear jacket, based on the sleeves.
View attachment 512200

that seller is shady not properly showing the shoulders.

that seller is shady not properly showing the shoulders.
Agreed. My plan was to patch them from the inside with donor goat from another jacket....maybe dodged a bullet on that one. I wasn't going to go much over the opening bid tbh. Just another one for the workbench.

AHP91

Practically Family
It actually looks nice quality, seems manufacturers put a little extra effort into these collab pieces. I have a Schott horsehide collaboration piece as well as the same jacket in their standard cut and the collab piece feels significantly higher quality

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925