Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

KBlake

One Too Many
Gorgeous horsehide double breasted Monarch for 36” chest. $320 7CCB9D86-C5E5-4A8F-BE05-D67F54A95117.jpeg
https://www.etsy.com/listing/122346...=sr_gallery-5-33&organic_search_click=1&sts=1

Batoidea

One of the Regulars

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Those Cal are very nice. This particular model is "roomy" for the size. Similar to the Police buco. Very practical for real service work.
Not to confuse these Californians with Cals though. Californians use much thinner hide than Cals. Nice hide, but thinner.

AHP91

Practically Family
Not to confuse these Californians with Cals though. Californians use much thinner hide than Cals. Nice hide, but thinner.
Here's the one I got. Thinner is right - I actually really like how wearable it is for being horsehide. Feels more versatile than my other jackets.

Edit - the one in the posting is Steerhide

Attachments

• Fornia.jpg
    Fornia.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 79

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
This seller posted a couple cool jackets all on auction starting around ~$150
Californian CHP ~ sz 38
View attachment 511561
Not all Cal's are thick. I have had some thinner ones. I currently own three Californian police jackets. All of them are thick. Two have white lining and one has an incredibly durable texture lining. Personally, It is the only jacket I have seen with such lining. It was Uplands' police department standard issue to all the transit policemen. I will post photos of both different jackets.

Here is one of mine in the white quilted lining.

cal straight zip.jpeg

Batoidea

One of the Regulars
Joe McCoy HH. Size 38, 21" chest - currently at 3,100 yen

i-img1196x1106-1682543869xooerp15.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Not all Cal's are thick. I have had some thinner ones. I currently own three Californian police jackets. All of them are thick. Two have white lining and one has an incredibly durable texture lining. Personally, It is the only jacket I have seen with such lining. It was Uplands' police department standard issue to all the transit policemen. I will post photos of both different jackets.

Here is one of mine in the white quilted lining.

View attachment 511963
I've seen the light colored lining, but never seen a CSC police jacket in Brown. Looks to be 1950s. Nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925