Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Stuart is always open to new ideas and projects, if it's a jacket he likes and it fits within his brand he might do it.
Link?

What is this speciel jacket you would like to get a repro, I am curious to know, as you already have so many :)

The explanation is in one picture. I will do it tomorrow. I had just seen pictures of Carlos in his Lost World, I got this new jacket, put it on, looked in the mirror, had a Vision! The jacket just looks Lost Worlds to me, like a Trojan. I saw myself wearing a new Lost Worlds!

The picture will better explain.

Leather Walker

Practically Family
Langlitz vintage Motorcycle Chip jacket $950 | OfferUp
da13dd4be9de4525bbb174f1457b4a9a.jpg

RILO

One of the Regulars
The explanation is in one picture. I will do it tomorrow. I had just seen pictures of Carlos in his Lost World, I got this new jacket, put it on, looked in the mirror, had a Vision! The jacket just looks Lost Worlds to me, like a Trojan. I saw myself wearing a new Lost Worlds!

Coffee is ready Terry :rolleyes:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Coffee is ready Terry :rolleyes:

just stands out to me as a LW jacket. LW has many models available and probably have no lack of jackets to inspire them. This Californian looks, to me, like their neighbor in Southern California, Trojan. This jacket is a size 44 marked. Has that "square" body with broad shoulders.

upload_2021-12-16_12-26-20.jpeg

upload_2021-12-16_12-27-8.jpeg

upload_2021-12-16_12-27-54.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2021-12-16_12-27-8.jpg
    upload_2021-12-16_12-27-8.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,375

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I think these are the best CR style jackets bar none. The fact that they go for such reasonable prices baffles me, but is great for those aficionados that appreciate a find and a deal.

I have always believed the same about the Kehoe. Its a widely shared view that the Kehoe pattern is pretty much THEE pattern for CRs. But recently I picked up a pre AMF Harley Davidson Sportster (while label -- which I understand is later than the black labels and pre the AMF aka Brooks models) and it SMOKES every other CR I have and I have WAYYYYY too many. I currently have a Walter Dyer (maybe 2), 4 Schotts, 4 Fidelitys, 3 Brandeds, 4 Lescos, a Brooks gold label, a vintage Endura of CA and a Kehoe. The fit, the look and the leather on the HD is a great combo IMO. Excellent graining on the hide but the fit is crazy perfect for me and its actually a tagged 46 (vintage sizing). The Kehoe, the Endura and one of the Schotts were my top 3 fitting CRs. Now the HD holds the fit crown.

The Kehoe's though continue to be undervalued though. I routinely see them at very palatable prices for some reason. In most cases you WILL NOT go wrong with a Kehoe for fit, look and price. But if you can get a stab at a pre AMF HD, I highly recommend you go for it (if priced reasonably of course o_O). Great jacket I had for some reason sorta ignored. Not anymore!

Claybertrand

One Too Many

They usually do brother! Looks absolutely MINTY!!!!!!! Another Cali gem...

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Roughwear Clothing in Middleton PA is best known for their A2 military contracts. Very few of their non-military jackets show up. This Roughwear motorcycle jacket really surprised me, never seen one in the 50s crosszip motorcycle style. I have considered what companies Roughwear may have made jackets for. Very few of their labels show up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154754202692?hash=item240811bc44:g:7pwAAOSw4phhvO96

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Roughwear Clothing in Middleton PA is best known for their A2 military contracts. Very few of their non-military jackets show up. This Roughwear motorcycle jacket really surprised me, never seen one in the 50s crosszip motorcycle style. I have considered what companies Roughwear may have made jackets for. Very few of their labels show up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154754202692?hash=item240811bc44:g:7pwAAOSw4phhvO96

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The front reminds me of…

https://etsy.me/354E1R0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21