Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Lake o Wood Grizzly

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1659809280...CJi9omFSVa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

10433B6F-D4E7-4AA1-89DD-DA4C8A1193FC.jpeg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I have handled a decent few Hercules jackets but have never come across one with a Union Made tag......I sorta pegged that Herc label as a later vintage than would be the period I would expect to possibly see a Union tag.

Can anyone give at least a rough time period with the Union tags were prevalent and when they ceased to be sewn into garments?? This tag has a copyright date of 1949 so the jacket is that year or later.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
I have handled a decent few Hercules jackets but have never come across one with a Union Made tag......I sorta pegged that Herc label as a later vintage than would be the period I would expect to possibly see a Union tag.

Can anyone give at least a rough time period with the Union tags were prevalent and when they ceased to be sewn into garments?? This tag has a copyright date of 1949 so the jacket is that year or later.
I can't speak to tags in leathers, but union tags are common in wool jackets and suirs until the 1990s. They start to disappear then with the union workers....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko