Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Bluechel

Practically Family
Are you saying that Schott jackets aren't great while Cal's and Aero's are?

Let's put it this way: I have a different option about Schott vs Aero :)
No, there’s no way I support blanket statements on leather jackets. I have three or four Schotts that I love, but I respect that there’s a sense of quality hierarchy that I (personally) believe places Aero, Cal, Thedi, Langlitz and others at a bit of a higher rank, but Schott brought me here and I’ll never say something as naive so broadly. Each jacket on its own merit. Plenty of love for Schott for holding such a huge place in the hearts of so many.

Kenan

A-List Customer
Not really a “deal”, but maaan look at this Langlitz!

IMG_0023.jpeg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/32573567...p2Ob9cx0SjiMnFEpr6dzNgwA==|tkp:Bk9SR4ijtOy_Yg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
No, there’s no way I support blanket statements on leather jackets. I have three or four Schotts that I love, but I respect that there’s a sense of quality hierarchy that I (personally) believe places Aero, Cal, Thedi, Langlitz and others at a bit of a higher rank, but Schott brought me here and I’ll never say something as naive so broadly. Each jacket on its own merit. Plenty of love for Schott for holding such a huge place in the hearts of so many.
Neither Schott nor Aero are anywhere near Thedi, though I'm not sure if that's what you were implying.

The Schotts I've handled were about as good quality-wise as the Aero I owned and the other Aero jackets I've tried, though with different issues.

Even if some makers are overall better than others, there are many subjective factors that can make one particular jacket or brand better for a certain person than another brand.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
^ agree. My for instance would be stitching. I’ll take a little wobbly stitching on a great pattern over laser stitching on a bad pattern.
Yup I'm the same way at this point. My experience wasn't great with either maker's patterns unfortunately so I can't win with either.

Observe

One Too Many
Lmao, ebay grifter morons have reached a new low with this one. There is no way that jacket is 50s, going purely off the zippers. Looks like a plastic main zip to me, like my Cal from the late 80s. The older jackets don't have the shoulder gussets like this one, either.

Wants $750 for a half busted jacket and can't even provide measurements beyond "guess it's a 44"? Get outta here with this bs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80