Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fingernails...

Rainbow

Familiar Face
I'm not sure if this would go under "beauty" section, but I cut my nails today and I think I've cut them to the quick (tender skin). They will probably be sore tomorrow. Does anyone know of a quick-fix pain relief?

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
There really isn't to quick of a fix to that besides perscription drugs but just keep your hands away from alcohols and acids and just wait it out. If you like you can take prenadial vitamins or eat jello to make your nails grow faster. Sorry about it though I've done this so many times myself and know how painful it is!

ShortClara

One Too Many
and a band aid will not be the prettiest, but might be very effective on keeping the odd bang and bump from hurting too much.

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
I take GNC Hair Growth pills for my hair - but my nails have gone crazy too!

Vitamins might be an option if you want ot grow them quickly.

We've all done it! I even "buffed" mine down and didnt realise how much I'd buffed till it started to burn! Heck, Ive even ripped a whole nail off and had to grow it back!

Should only hurt a few days I imagine. Maybe rub some antiseptic cream into it, see if you can numb it a bit.

Fancy Mouse

Familiar Face
Ouch! I have just bitten mine right down too (awful, I know, and unhygienic) and all I can suggest is to just tough it out. Creams and things always seem to come off my fingers before they can work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80