Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Aero Premier Highwayman leather jacket advice? + interior pockets

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
IMG_5790.JPG IMG_5791.JPG
If you want the closest to the LL Corsair, it would not be the Premier Highwayman but would be the Original 59'er Highwayman. Just thought I'd throw that in to add to the confusion although Edward mentioned this one earlier.

Last edited:

redHorse

New in Town
View attachment 80307 View attachment 80308 If you want the closest to the LL Corsair, it would not be the Premier Highwayman but would be the Original 59'er Highwayman. Just thought I'd throw that in to add to the confusion although Edward mentioned this one earlier.

Haha oh man life is tough...

These jackets are all amazing so I guess this is a bit like agonizing between a Rolls Royce and Bentley. I'll stick with the PHWM for the nice fit.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Haha oh man life is tough...

These jackets are all amazing so I guess this is a bit like agonizing between a Rolls Royce and Bentley. I'll stick with the PHWM for the nice fit.
If you have confirmation of nice fit with the Premier HWM, there is no reason to go with a 59'er. I would still go with a left chest pocket and back yoke for aesthetic balance and look, and a vertical pocket without closure in the leather facing on the right side rather than a horizontal pocket in lining if you do decide to go with an inside pocket. ;)

redHorse

New in Town
If you have confirmation of nice fit with the Premier HWM, there is no reason to go with a 59'er. I would still go with a left chest pocket and back yoke for aesthetic balance and look, and a vertical pocket without closure in the leather facing on the right side rather than a horizontal pocket in lining if you do decide to go with an inside pocket. ;)

In the end I decided to go for the back yoke of the Premier and inside pockets as recommended by Aero. No chest pockets though as I don't use them anyways. Hopefully it'll look alright.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'd just go with an standard 59-er Highwayman - it looks better than any of the changes I've seen suggested here so far - in black Italian or something similar, with either a Stuart tartan or red raylon lining.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
On a jacket with no front yoke I think that the chest pocket is an important visual element and I would think twice about eliminating it altogether.
I speak from experience here, my first custom jacket was made for me by Johnson Leather and I had them eliminate the chest pocket because I never use that pocket on any of my jackets. I also thought that I would prefer the cleaner and simpler look of the jacket front with no chest pocket, upon receipt of the jacket I realized I was mistaken. The jacket has a plain spartan look that I do not care for, and as a result it spends all of its time on the bottom of my leather jacket pile (yes I have a leather jacket pile, doesn't everyone?).
Everybody's taste is different redHorse and in the end you should order a jacket with the features and elements that seem right to you. I just wanted to share my experience because I think about it every time the issue of chest pockets pops up here.
Good luck!

redHorse

New in Town
On a jacket with no front yoke I think that the chest pocket is an important visual element and I would think twice about eliminating it altogether.
I speak from experience here, my first custom jacket was made for me by Johnson Leather and I had them eliminate the chest pocket because I never use that pocket on any of my jackets. I also thought that I would prefer the cleaner and simpler look of the jacket front with no chest pocket, upon receipt of the jacket I realized I was mistaken. The jacket has a plain spartan look that I do not care for, and as a result it spends all of its time on the bottom of my leather jacket pile (yes I have a leather jacket pile, doesn't everyone?).
Everybody's taste is different redHorse and in the end you should order a jacket with the features and elements that seem right to you. I just wanted to share my experience because I think about it every time the issue of chest pockets pops up here.
Good luck!

Thanks for your input. I quite like the minimalist look though. I'll see how it goes. At the end of the day, all Aero leather jackets will be great

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I like the small leather tab, but usually take mine off for something to dangle, just a small dangler. Mine usually consist of something small but useful. At the moment my Highwayman has two Spanish Civil war era centre hole coins on a 30mm ball chain.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Good luck!
Could you not simply get the maker to put in a chest pocket or would this detract from a 'worn in' look?
Cheers, J.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112