Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Panama Hat.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It showed up today. Yeha. Now does anyone know how to shape these a little? The brim looks kinda wonky right now.

Edward

You got the Optimo model, so it's supposed to be creased down the middle of the crown as in the picture, and stay that way. If you need brim work, a hatter is what to do. They steam press it or something with a flange for shape, and it comes out looking good. They may also offer to put some stiffener in the brim to keep its shape, which I would seriously consider. It's like starch in a shirt.

Tenorclef

One of the Regulars
That is a wonderful panama and quite a fine weave too. I lost my panama last year when i left it in a holiday hotel room. As i understand it the shape of your hat is regarded as the classic shape with a central ridge. Quite stylish I think. These can be folded into a tube for ease of transport but should not be stored folded for long durations.

I was considering another panama myself and had first thought about one shaped like a fedora or trilby but see that it would be not as nice as the central ridge type along the crown.

Any thoughts on this one made my Christys-

http://www.topsecrethats.com/Christys-Panama-Cuenca-Traditional-Foldable

PN7507.jpg

Last edited:

HatsEnough

Banned
I just bought my first straw today. I have not been too keen to get a straw, but I have 40 fedoras and finally thought I should get a straw to round out the collection.

$%28KGrHqF,!h0E2I8LNZzYBNwFJ-BbdQ~~0_12.JPG

$%28KGrHqMOKjcE1+Hy0J%29yBNwbMwQHlw~~0_12.JPG

I've never worn a straw, so I am finding it a very different experience, I think.

I just bought my first straw today. I have not been too keen to get a straw, but I have 40 fedoras and finally thought I should get a straw to round out the collection.

I think you may need another couple to get the ratio a little more balanced. 8^)

That was a nice one... hope you enjoy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran