First sighting for Aero's next April Show?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Sloan1874, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

2. Insurrection/ThurstonBros

Insurrection/ThurstonBros Sponsoring Affiliate

3. cafeblitz

cafeblitz New in Town

Sloan,

That Mackinaw looks great, thanks for bringing it up here. Every time I start to think I only need one more leather jacket, two more pop up...

That two-tone is pretty sweet too.

4. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Yeah, funny how the 2-tone has taken off the way it has. Love the tweed lining on that one too.

5. Flat Foot Floey

Flat Foot Floey My Mail is Forwarded Here

The buttons look a little too close together and the collar could be a tad bigger? Otherwise a nice jacket.

6. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Perhaps, though I do like the rounded ends of the collar, not something you see too often.

7. scrawlysteve

scrawlysteve One of the Regulars

Mackinaw looks good, but the two-tone Sunburst is a Muyjingo dog's dinner....surely that design is extravagant enough without gilding the lily....

8. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

"A Muyjingo dog's dinner" I think we have the new shorthand for jackets we feel are over-designed! :D I tend to think two-tone or contrast-stitching, both together might be a bit busy for my taste, but I'd like to see somebody wearing it 'in the wild' to make up my mind.

9. simonc

simonc Practically Family

I was going to say that earlier when I saw the two-toned post, not only did I think it was a cheap and unnecessary affiliate hi-jacket on this thread, but also it is so over done my eyes got a fright.

10. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

I think contrast stitching works best with cream/seal, cream/brown, cordovan/green combos, rather than high-contrast black/white or whatever.

11. andyfalzon

andyfalzon Vendor

Hey Sloan how many Aero jackets do you own?

12. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Four. Why?

13. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

Looks very similar to ELC's Brooklands but without the yoke detailing. Nice though.

14. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

You know what, I've never looked to closely at ELC's civvy jackets, but I really some of the designs. Their Instructor's Flight Jacket got a bit of Hollywood cool going on.

15. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

I think a lot of people when they think of ELC, think USAAF, USN and Irvin jackets but I agree their civilian stuff is great. The Brooklands is popular with the classic car crowd. I was looking at getting one myself earlier this year but when I got the bargain of the decade on a virtually unused Aero Barnstormer I got that instead - not that I regret it, it's my favourite jacket. But the Brooklands is such a beautifully detailed jacket.

The Thunderbird field jackets do look good and I'd wager that Gary and the gang sell a fair few of them to Japanese customers.

16. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Would certainly lend itself to slim fit.

17. andyfalzon

andyfalzon Vendor

Nothing. Somehow I had the impression that you bought every new model they make.

18. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Well, not every new model. I was going to climb into Aero's Tushingham, their new women's design, but it's too dainty for me ;). But my girlfriend, previously an avowed leather sceptic, has gone for that one, so maybe you got me after all...:D

19. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Two-tone is the ***t. I want one, and I want Thurston to make it (slim). I just need the money - which I don't have at the moment.
    That lining is very close to that in my GW Ventura. Mine is a light(er) weight wool and it's great in warm and cold weather. It also gets lots of compliments - it's got a great vintage vibe without being pretentious.

20. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

2-tone J106. That is the closest thing to heaven on this earth.