Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check on Vanson Commando

newtojackets

Practically Family
Apologies for asking about this again. I have just been so on the fence about this so I’m more sure.

Does this jacket fit me, or is it too big?

Things to consider:

1. I am wearing a thick sweater underneath, as without it I think it’s too big

2. I am currently in the processing of gaining weight / muscle in the gym

3. The jacket is not yet broken in so fits boxy (it’s vanson x-150, so think this would break in to drape better?)

I do really like the jacket, but how does it actually look on me?
IMG_3186.jpeg IMG_3185.jpeg IMG_3184.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Personally, I think it looks good. Break-In will help too.

However, if YOU feel it’s too big, then it probably is…

Last edited:

Mandarin

Practically Family
Overall, it looks OK, and it will feel better with wear. If you like it, keep it. Personnaly, I think the back is way too long.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Doesn't look like a good fit in my view. Especially wide in the chest. That much cross over when a cross zip is open just doesn't look right to me.

newtojackets

Practically Family
Consensus seems to be fairly clear! I will keep this jacket for a few months. If in that time I gain the weight that I plan to, I will keep it. If I don’t, will sell this jacket.

robrinay

One Too Many
Fit is a personal taste and for most it varies with the style of jacket and consequently if you ask for opinions you’ll usually get nearly as many as you get answers. For me it’s simple if my wife (= style Police) says she’s not going out with me wearing it then I sell it and buy another. Mind you if it’s for example my vintage Hercules Horsehide half belt or my natural Horsehide Aero sunburst I wear it when I’m out alone

newtojackets

Practically Family
Imo the body is way too long for this style of jacket. It doesn't help that it doesn't have a belt, makes it look even more elongated.

With your athletic physique a shorter motorcycle jacket with more taper to the waist will look much better.
I own a similar jacket, which is shorter and agreed it works better. Just trying to gauge if this works too, as I do quite like the piece. That being said, as of now I think it doesn’t work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner