Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FIT PICS: Lost Worlds Suburban 42L grainy 4.5 oz FQHH

deswaaf

One of the Regulars
sub4.jpg
sub3.jpg
sub2.jpg
sub1.jpg

Over the past 8 years I bought 6 or 7 secondhand jackets (one beautiful premier Aero Halfbelt I ended up gifting to my mom, it fit her perfectly) But this is the first jacket that I can actually comfortably wear. It fits like a glove!
I need a long size but I kept being seduced by jackets in the secondhand market that we're just too short for me to feel comfortable in, gambling on the fit everytime (stupid) and then having to re-sell them.

@Carlos840 convinced me of the quality and comfort of Lost Worlds jackets, so when @Hh121 had this 42L suburban for sale I had to take one last gamble, and I'm so happy I did.

sub0000.jpg

First of all the jacket was packed very safe and sound by @Hh121 and it got here to mainland Europe safely during these crazy times. Thanks man! The leather is showing TONS of grain and is already quite supple (curious about the journey and past owners this jacket already had) but it's nowhere near of being fully broken in.

I'm not in a rush to do so either, but I am misting the jacket with warm water since today, and wearing it around the house and doing some kettlebell workouts with it on until it dries, or just watching youtube in it haha. And wearing it on every step outside of the house ofcourse. The quality of this jacket is a step above anything I've had in my hands (2 Schott perfecto's, a 90's Lewis Leathers monza, and 2 Aero jackets of which the premier halfbelt which I gave to my mom comes pretty close in feel)

The stitch work on this Suburban is beautiful and so is the cut of leather and the way this pattern fits, very comfortable to wear. It's a heavy jacket but the weight rests fully on my shoulders, not on my neck.

sub01.jpg
sub07.jpg
sub04.jpg
sub03.jpg
sub05.jpg
sub06.jpg
sub10.jpg

Last edited:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I'm not sure if it's just me or if others recognise this behaviour: Buying a jacket online against better judgement because you know deep down the measurements just. wont. work. ''But maybe I can make it work?'' No you can't. Over the past 8 years I've had 6 or 7 cases like this (one beautiful premier Aero Halfbelt I ended up gifting to my mom, it fit her perfectly, go figure haha) I need a long size but I kept being seduced by jackets in the secondhand market that we're just too short for me.

@Carlos840 convined me of the quality and comfort of Lost Worlds jackets, so when @Hh121 had this 42L suburban for sale I had to took one last gamble, and I'm so happy I did.

sub0000.jpg

First of all the jacket was packed very safe and sound by @Hh121 and it got here to mainland Europe safely during these crazy times. Thanks man! The leather is showing TONS of grain and is already quite supple (curious about the journey and past owners this jacket already had) but it's nowhere near of being fully broken in.

I'm not in a rush to do so either, but I am misting the jacket with warm water since today, and wearing it around the house and doing some kettlebell workouts with it on until it dries, or just watching youtube in it haha. And wearing it on every step outside of the house ofcourse. The quality of this jacket is a step above anything I've had in my hands (2 Schott perfecto's, a 90's Lewis Leathers monza, and 2 Aero jackets of which the premier halfbelt which I gave to my mom comes pretty close in feel)

The stitch work on this Suburban is beautiful and so is the cut of leather and the way this pattern fits, very comfortable to wear. It's a heavy jacket but the weight rests fully on my shoulders, not on my neck.

sub01.jpg
sub07.jpg
sub04.jpg
sub03.jpg
sub05.jpg
sub06.jpg
sub10.jpg

I will post fit pics soon!
That looks like a keeper.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Congrats! I'm glad to hear that you were lucky in sizing. Yes, it's a beauty and looks like a keeper. Looking forward to your fit pics.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
That's really nice!
My only regret is that HH had not mentionned it was a Long size in his add... Had i known it was 42L i would have bought it on the spot.
Gla it fits you though...

deswaaf

One of the Regulars
That's really nice!
My only regret is that HH had not mentionned it was a Long size in his add... Had i known it was 42L i would have bought it on the spot.
Gla it fits you though...
Thanks man! And for the advice too. That goes for a lot of people here on this forum, the knowledge and willingness to share is really great on here.

I didn't know it was a long size either, but the measurements HH posted matched exactly with a Levi's denim jacket that I've owned for years. But still a gamble because this material is WAY thicker of course, was not sure how it would translate. The suburban falls exactly over my belt line, covering my belt, and the 26'' sleeves cover my wrists.

edit: I'm 1.90m or around 6 foot 2.

Last edited:

Hh121

Banned
I am really glad the result is positive!

I wish I have enough money to keep this jacket, I have not seen another LW grainy like this so far. I wore this jacket less often than others, probably because I feel this jacket is too long for me and Suburban is one of the most generous cut pattern of LW. It would looks much nicer for someone over 6 ft 1 at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21