Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

FL2021

Familiar Face
Is FiveStar up and functional due to the Situation in India? I wanted to place an order but wondering if it is a risk with everything happening there...
Thoughts?

PilotJens

A-List Customer
My item got shipped on Friday . Every pic that included one of his workers was with a mask .
Shawn isn't stupid. They probably take right precautions to keep the probably because of Corona limited production running .

I would not hesitate to order .

FL2021

Familiar Face
Is FiveStar up and functional due to the Situation in India? I wanted to place an order but wondering if it is a risk with everything happening there...
Thoughts?

PilotJens

A-List Customer
He delivered my dream jacket .
The steerhide is awesome and looks luxurious with shawns wax/buff treatment
10/10 Flawless quality and construction
IMG_20210427_173037.jpg

PilotJens

A-List Customer
You didn't get the fit pic of the v1 hahaha .
V1 is a work coat for the construction site.
V2 is this one for leisure

The hide is stiff enough and starts creasing immediately .
Close ups will follow soon
It looks Soooooo much better on you than in the previous pictures!
Congratulations!

PilotJens

A-List Customer
This is v1 .
I slept through math class probably . Removing 1inch from flat measurements doesn't remove 1 inch room .It removes 2 inches or adds depending .V1 is a bit big in the torso so I will shrink the hide and distress it because of working construction .This hide feels like a good protection for work
IMG_20210427_173900.jpg

PilotJens

A-List Customer
I might make a new thread about what to remember when ordering since. I can clearly show the difference between flat and round shoulders for example on almost the same jacket .

But just to be clear .I did the wrong math not the five star leather company .

He delivered my dream jacket .
The steerhide is awesome and looks luxurious with shawns wax/buff treatment
10/10 Flawless quality and construction
View attachment 330400
Turned out really, really well! I like the russet steer as well but find it just a bit dull in terms of the color. I found satisfactory improvement through water treatment and oil. I will say your hide looks a bit darker than mine. Very nice jacket and the fit is spot on!

Reactions: Riu

Riu

Practically Family
Got a sneak preview of my jacket. Since I wanted a bit of subtleness, I opted for a darker brown thread and also the piping very minimal as I don't like it to stick out too much. They were working on a sample leather until I decided which one to go with. Brilliant experience with Shawn! I'm excited about this.

10.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:

PilotJens

A-List Customer
I like how they even use edge "dressing" on the raw edges of the side adjuster straps .
The second one will turn out good once shrunk worn working and stretched .I made the cuff too slim but these guys are very smart and made the lining gather at the seams so it allows for stretching .I used a wooden shoe stretcher and it worked very very good on this .

Seems to me like the hide is unstreched and not like a lot of cheap leather stretched up to 30-40% to get a better yield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24