Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

I changed my mind entirely for the design of the heavy brown 5XL hide. Bored today so I put together a single transformation pic of my russet steer. From chocolate milk, bruised banana to mottled cherry.
1C686F5F-8EDF-4212-A119-AB42079271A1.jpeg

Hobbes1

A-List Customer
2 weeks update, the Shawn CXL steer softens up a lot, I only with i had smaller chest/armhole but it’s becoming a bit more comfy.. just the chest/waist is not tailored which is a shame but overall I like this leather

Great looking jacket!
How squeaky is it?

Morecowbell

New in Town
Random FiveStar question: Does anyone know what the standard thread used on an A-2 is in terms of number of plys? I asked Shawn about thread colors and he came back with the same color in 6 ply and 3 ply, and I didn't know that that was an option. There was a particular jacket I asked about and he said that was 3-ply thread, but I was wondering why he would mention it - is 6-ply used on heavier jackets?

Thanks!

jadub

A-List Customer
I changed my mind entirely for the design of the heavy brown 5XL hide. Bored today so I put together a single transformation pic of my russet steer. From chocolate milk, bruised banana to mottled cherry.
View attachment 336812

That’s a testament to the resilience and durability of leather! Thanks for letting us watch your journey. I think you landed in a good place. I imagine that one will have a special place in ur collection.

PilotJens

A-List Customer
I like the vest and you guys make me want to own one buutt ...

How do I wear it ? I have literally no Idea how to wear it .Over a sweater? Over a leather jacket?
Can someone give me some pictures ?

Greatly appreciated

PilotJens

A-List Customer
Even with a collar ? I want a big shawl collar and a 4 panel front and back like a irvin.
Well I might buy one just to admire it .

Has anyone experience with the shorter shearling from Shawn ? Is is shaggy or more merino style ? I want a redskin D1 since I still might have the chance to wear it this year a few times .

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Even with a collar ? I want a big shawl collar and a 4 panel front and back like a irvin.
Well I might buy one just to admire it .

Has anyone experience with the shorter shearling from Shawn ? Is is shaggy or more merino style ? I want a redskin D1 since I still might have the chance to wear it this year a few times .
V1 is 10 mm, first version of 5* shearling.
V2 is 20 mm new version.
82F0B293-09E2-4296-BFC3-DCFB398A5647.jpeg

MrProper

Natural pockets will look great.
If their brass is real brass and will dull with time i vote brass.
Many thanks for your thoughts.
I tend to brass too.
Shawn offered ykk zippers, which I basically think are ok. they are available in antique and golden brass. allegedly under the surface solid brass.
let's see if I can find more information there.

Benny Holiday

Years ago, we used to have TV commercials for Solo lemon drink in a can that featured the "Solo Man", a macho dude with a big handlebar mustache who engaged in all sorts of outdoor activities like rock climbing and kayaking. At the end of his adventures, he would invariable "slam down down his thirst," as the commercials put it, by drinking a can of Solo and then crushing the can in his hand.

Mr Proper, you make him look like a girl scout, and not only that, you look so damn cool while doing it. You, sir, rock!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner