Five Star Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead, Sep 23, 2020.

1. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One of the Regulars

I vote for the strip as well.

There was a photo on What are you wearing today thread, I think it was yesterday. It was an orangey type jacket with curved opening and it had similar closures. Was going to post here for reference, but I think you participate in that thread as well, so didn't want to spam too much. Looks like each button is reinforced, but that seems like very thick leather. With the sheepskin I think you need the strip.

2. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

thanks all for the suggestions.
    Ordered the stripes. ;-)

3. JoeNiblick

JoeNiblick One of the Regulars

I'm a fan of the strip, too!

MrProper likes this.
  4. Bahabp100

Bahabp100 One of the Regulars

I’m trying to convince Shawn to make one of these Denim look Prada distressed indigo shearlings for me. He made me a great distressed leather type 3 trucker. But he doesn’t have the indigo shearling leather goods on hand even for just 1 order and right now he can’t order it . Maybe if someone else here wants it as well he could source some let him know. I really want this jacket lol
    30A411D6-6BDF-46EE-8D5A-1EAFC9AD84A6.jpeg F1697DB4-6625-4DCE-AC40-64DFFC6484E9.jpeg 6CBC7BA9-DBCD-4128-8BBE-0A3775B45E55.jpeg 2FF65EE9-2F5D-42CB-8383-67C8667A177F.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    Jin431, Monitor, Zoo and 3 others like this.
  5. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

how much you think it'll be?

I've got an aero b3 coming tomorrow and it's going to be 100 degrees all week here in Los Angeles. Dont know what the hell I was thinking LOL. Last thing I need is another shearling but I may go in for the fun of it. Hopefully my kids will end up going to college somewhere in the northeast and I can justify it all (in about 8 years LOL).

Jin431, bn1966, Zoo and 1 other person like this.
  6. Bahabp100

No quote but he said prices like a B-3 and he would make me a trucker with b3 stock shearling now, but he can’t get the indigo denim look shearling leather now so I’m just hoping. That model retailed for a cool ten K

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  7. ton312

ton312

I gotta say, that is really friggn cool. I don’t think I’ve seen anything like that before.

8. ton312

ton312

You might need to force the kiddos North and East. Can’t imagine there’s much opportunity for shearling in LA. Tell ya what, if you want to do a winter camp Air BNB swap in Chicago, say around early February, I’ll be happy to oblige. I suspect after a week in a Chicago winter you’ll change your mind about wanting shearling weather. :)

9. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

*lol* looks like you have the same weather as we here in Austria.

10. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

nah, no cold for me. It was one of those bucket item things. I'll wear it to walk the dogs at night. It'll get down into the 40s and 50s Dec-Feb. I can probably take like 15 or 20 minutes before I pass out LOL.

I wanted a D1 or B6 because it's a little more fitted and the shearling I think is half the weight. But price was good and in great shape since was hardly used. Guy used to live in Texas, so I'm not that crazy.

I might ask someone doing some alterations for me if they can maybe shave down some of the shearling, especially in the sleeves, and then I can slim it up some. Will be a project. Got to do something to keep busy during the home stay.

Jin431 likes this.
  11. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman Practically Family

If this turns out well, I'm buying one.

ton312 likes this.
  12. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

I’d love a B-3 and have nearly purchased one on a couple of occasions, however even the UK Winters/Fall are mild these days, haven’t encountered anything my D-1 can’t deal with....had an Irvin type but sold it due to lack of use.

13. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Temps have dropped off slightly here in the UK and have given me opportunities to wear my 5 Star G-1 out :)

Zoo likes this.
  14. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

my aero b3 came today and wow I love it. No doubt it won't get used as much as it deserves, but when I break it out, it will be glorious LOL. I do need to take in about 1.25 inches from each side for a better fit. I know the jacket is meant to be a bit bulky, but that will make a huge difference. Just trying to find a tailor I trust to do, although just kind of poking around, I don't think it will be as difficult as some of my other projects. There's the side panels under the arms where I think they can trim from without having to open up the whole back as I just need the adjustments to the upper waist down to the bottom hem. And there's no liner and all that to deal with.

back to 5Star. I got the collar sorted out. They're fixing, although charged me $30. Between a couple of these nickel and dime charges I'm now at $330 on the jacket, so the bar is going to be a little higher. Granted, still seems like a great value, but I'll know probably mid next week when I get it in my hands.

Jin431, ton312, Zoo and 1 other person like this.
  15. ton312

ton312

Seems like DHL will get it delivered in four days from when it’s picked up. Whatever the DHL tracking indicates you can subtract 4-5 days. I’ve noticed this on several items shipped internationally via DHL Express.

16. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

that's crazy. took 2 weeks to get some shoes from Rancourt in Maine with Fed Ex ground. 4 days from Pakistan. Wow! Just wow especially during these crazy times.

17. ton312

ton312

Aero from UK in two days,
    5 star in 4
    20 oz denim from Thailand in transit looks like 3

18. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'm working on a natural colored linen cossack with a light chambray lining. Shawn is looking for the material. IMG_1205.jpg IMG_1222.jpg

19. Bahabp100

20. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I get the impression he will do what ever you want. Not sure how much quality denim he can get in the market in Sialkot, Pakistan. He found some interesting light weight rustic looking wool material for my recent project, but I really want linen. I am thinking of sourcing the material and sending it to him.