Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
What's their best sleeve lining for warm weather? The site mentions polyester, satin polyester, and cotton twill. I simply asked for cotton for my CR (assumed they'd use cotton drill), but it's really itchy and generally a pain to wear on a t-shirt.

I have black silk rayon on my deerskin trucker and that works for me. Really smooth on the skin and so easy putting on/removing the jacket.

CRP

New in Town
What's their best sleeve lining for warm weather? The site mentions polyester, satin polyester, and cotton twill. I simply asked for cotton for my CR (assumed they'd use cotton drill), but it's really itchy and simply not comfortable on the skin.
I had my jacket lined in black Rayon for use in spring/fall as well as winter. Tougher than silk, but still cool and smooth to slip on and off. Shawn can probably get anything you ask for. Just make sure you specify exactly what you want. Good luck.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
What's their best sleeve lining for warm weather? The site mentions polyester, satin polyester, and cotton twill. I simply asked for cotton for my CR (assumed they'd use cotton drill), but it's really itchy and simply not comfortable on the skin.
Like what other said, rayon is your best bet for sleeve lining. It won't scratch the skin like the cotton drill.

4444Design

One of the Regulars
I'm more into the 5Star military jackets rather than the civil line - well but since i saw so many really nice designs on here i think i need to also dig a bit more into it ...

got several jackets from 5* - meanwhile i'm at about 7 or 8 which are still in my possession - but ordered about more already just to find the dimensions i gave to Shawn where a bit off so i sold them

to the jackets i also own their helmet bag, navigators briefcase and a flight helmet

service of 5Star is and was always top-notch - dimensions and specs i gave them where always hit by 100% - communication was always on the spot

my latest purchase was this ANJ3 custom-size

rbZ1KrH.jpg

ERzCIaW.jpg

HWpX6r5.jpg

4444Design

One of the Regulars
No activity on this thread in eight days. Wow...summer doldrums are in full swing.

Well in order to "refire" the thread i post some piccies of my 5Star G1 in HH

Received the jacket in pristine condition and asked a friend to "work" on her to get her a distressed look. Yeah - off coarse - not everybodie's taste but i like it anyway.

Aging as well as the patch-artwork have been done by a buddy "Steve McNeely" who is an artist doing all kind of paintings

YB6cPsm.jpg

hVocjwD.jpg

vRiurx6.jpg

FheFi6b.jpg

jqmDM3n.jpg

pUHSPoM.jpg

BxQVFST.jpg

cCFjQxE.jpg

Hobbes1

A-List Customer
Well in order to "refire" the thread i post some piccies of my 5Star G1 in HH

Received the jacket in pristine condition and asked a friend to "work" on her to get her a distressed look. Yeah - off coarse - not everybodie's taste but i like it anyway.

Aging as well as the patch-artwork have been done by a buddy "Steve McNeely" who is an artist doing all kind of paintings

YB6cPsm.jpg

hVocjwD.jpg

vRiurx6.jpg

FheFi6b.jpg

jqmDM3n.jpg

pUHSPoM.jpg

BxQVFST.jpg

cCFjQxE.jpg

I think it’s pretty cool. If you love it that’s what is most important. Rock on!!

ojaw

A-List Customer
I’m pretty new around here and am at a bit of a loss as to how to search this and other threads, especially the classifieds! However, why I’m asking here is that I’d especially like to get some impressions of 5* A-1 jackets; recommendations for sizing, which leathers et cetera. Thanks!

ojaw

A-List Customer
I’m thinking about a black 1.2mm goatskin with olive knits, premium buttons, shortened arms and body. Opinions?

tamz0r

Familiar Face
I’m pretty new around here and am at a bit of a loss as to how to search this and other threads, especially the classifieds! However, why I’m asking here is that I’d especially like to get some impressions of 5* A-1 jackets; recommendations for sizing, which leathers et cetera. Thanks!
i’ve got a fivestar a1 (premium seal goat) and it’s one of my fav jackets. give shawn measurements of a well fitting jacket and he’ll make it happen.

ojaw

A-List Customer
Thanks, we’re currently in talks.
My issue is that even though I’m not particularly big in the waist (32.5”) I often have to go for a medium to accommodate my wide hips. That’s one reason I’m drawn to flight jackets generally as they’re built short which circumvents my problem. I also have narrow shoulders, so you can see why I’m drawn to custom make-ups : )
Good to hear your positive vote for the 5* A-1!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk