Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
On G-1
137A92EA-BCB1-4117-AFD1-B811B4E2ABCF.jpeg

ojaw

A-List Customer
Are A-1 jackets generally cut square in the body? I mean, pit to pit is the same dimension as the base, and then allowing the knitting to pull it in or is there a taper in the body itself?

ojaw

A-List Customer
Another thing, my shoulders sit further forward than most jackets seem to be designed for, is there a way to mitigate this? The upshot of this is that there’s always an excess of material just behind my shoulder. Bi-Swings/Action Backs are often recommended for athletic/broad-shouldered types, but would something like that help to minimize any extra material back there?
To be clear, I’m not one of them ^.

Last edited:

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
Leather itself looked good but I think the black goatskin is better looking overall.
The squeaking of my seal goatskin trucker was also too much. I had a Badalassi jacket and that creaks too but the seal goatskin batch that I had was just extra lol I breathe and it squeaks with the rise and fall of my chest.

Ah that would get annoying quick.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The black goatskin is dyed all the way. It looks more premium.
The seal goatskin is pigment paint over a russet base and the top coat wears down very fast. It looks more rugged or shabby depending on your preference.

ojaw

A-List Customer
For instance, 5*’s size chart for the A-1 is doing my head in.
There’s size in the first column, 36 in my case, which is followed by the “suitable for chest” column in red, which to me would seem to correspond to the pit to pit of the jacket.
But in the third column there’s a number that’s even bigger called “chest”.
WTF
The “hem” column seems to indicate a square cut jacket if you go according to the red number or tapered if you go according to the third, “chest” column.

I asked Shawn about this a few days ago but I think he’s pretty busy right now.
Can anyone set me straight?
A1SizeChart_684102a2-7c01-463c-adf2-e933fd9e9a6f_1024x1024.jpg

The most successful fits have come when members tell Shawn exactly what they want. Don’t even try to figure out the chart. Just find your best fitting jacket, and give those measurements to 5 Star...be very specific (down to arm taper circumference/ waist/ sleeve opening/ armscye/ neck hole/ etc.) think of it like data entry. You get out what you put in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner