Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh this looks very promising indeed!!! I would include a measurement for the neckhole diameter, and one from the main zip to the collar point. I’d also include a measurement for the front drop. I can’t wait to see how this turns out. I will fire off my order for one instantly.

Thanks! I am hesitating between this collar

I1boHXv.jpg

And this one

6MlVwPH.jpg

So the collar measurement looks like this?

IhBVBGI.jpg

I am 16,5" in neck size, what neck diameter should I look at? Is something like your 18" pretty standard?

Claybertrand

One Too Many
FWIW---I think the First Collar (with the guy wearing the boots) is the best. It has a scallop shape that matches the jacket style.

How are you attempting to communicate the dimensions/locations of the front pockets and stitching???? I am also interested in how Ton measured out his collar. I'm a fan of the "Bates Collar" and want to see how it was described to Shawn. Bears game is on in almost 4 hours......... I expect Ton is prepping his game day fare and wearing his Ditka Sweater Vest so we will probably hear from him later ;)

red devil

FWIW---I think the First Collar (with the guy wearing the boots) is the best. It has a scallop shape that matches the jacket style.

How are you attempting to communicate the dimensions/locations of the front pockets and stitching???? I am also interested in how Ton measured out his collar. I'm a fan of the "Bates Collar" and want to see how it was described to Shawn. Bears game is on in almost 4 hours......... I expect Ton is prepping his game day fare and wearing his Ditka Sweater Vest so we will probably hear from him later ;)

So the collar of the Little Wing, that's a repro by Freewheelers and my jacket :)

I would have to trust Shawn with the shape as I don't see how I can convey more than the image

Very Nice!
That hide - Thedi comes to mind.
Looking carefully, I’m not really a fan of the whole zipper tape being exposed on the Main zip.
I would personally ask for it done it the traditional way...like on the Bates.
CDD3D436-5E52-4B60-9AF2-77B9BA69C97F.jpeg

Last edited:
I spec’d mine at 18”. So laid flat and measured a across that’s what I get. I’d say I could go 1” smaller but my neck is over 16” itself so that may be too tight in the back. I measured a few jackets where the collar fell comfortably around the back of my neck and settled on 18” as a happy medium. Most were larger.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Very Nice!
That hide - Thedi comes to mind.
Looking carefully, I’m not really a fan of the whole zipper tape being exposed on the Main zip. I would personally ask for it done it the traditional way...like on the Bates.
View attachment 276255

Is it exposed? I can't see that in my shots, looks like there is piping not tape, running along the zip from what I can see. Or do you mean the teeth being visible?

Those Bates jackets are yummy.

RILO

One of the Regulars
OK guys I order the sample kit. It sure is hard to put a point across over there...
If you have an idea and or request ask Shawn to include it in the sample kit.
so far we got this coming.
All leathers including ship skins
threads color and stitching styles.
Mouton's
Knits
buttons
Here is a funny one I asked him make sure you label everything. He say he is not sending us any labels...o_O
so please let him or I know if anything comes up to shine.
Thanks

Last edited:

red devil

Ok, so time to choose the leather, the lining and he hardware. I asked Shawn if he has any natural veg tanned goat with less of a / no top coat at all.
Otherwise brown or black I guess... maybe black. What do you guys think?

Any advice on his liners, for hardware, I think a size 10 YKK, thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112