Five Star Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead, Sep 23, 2020.

1. ton312

ton312

Yeah all funded by sales of "nicer" jackets:)

Zoo likes this.
  2. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Sent the final recap to Shawn, it is going to be the same red russet @ton312 has on his latest jacket. Decided to go with Beige thread which should provide some contrast I think. In any case I don't think Beige could look bad with this Russet, what do you guys think?

The lining is red cotton drill, the zipper antique brass size 10 YKK.

3. ton312

ton312

Man I can’t wait to see it!

red devil and Seb Lucas like this.
  4. CRP

CRP New in Town

5. ton312

ton312

The process with Shawn is addicting. There is adrenaline, fear and satisfaction. It’s a drug. I have sold off all my “high end” jackets to push it further. I would not have envisioned this outcome at the onset.

6. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

I like the zippered and non zippered chest pockets, great fit and proportion once again, congrats!!

ton312 likes this.
  7. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

All confirmed, it's officially in the works :)

torfjord, Zoo, roadking04 and 2 others like this.
  8. Claybertrand

Claybertrand A-List Customer

Nice!!! I'm living vicariously through all of the members' orders with 5*. This one will be interesting for sure!!!! The excitement builds......... I'll be looking for your big reveal post;)

red devil likes this.
  9. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Not sure how long it will take, but I expect soon enough :)

Claybertrand likes this.
  10. Claybertrand

Compared to all the other makers, its almost instant gratification. The reported wait time has been nearly comparable to buying a jacket on eBay from a foreign seller and waiting for customs & shipping. But this is a NEW and Custom Jacket coming your way!!!!! Unbelievable!!!! Of course, being a custom design, you may have some back and forth with Shawn before you get everything locked in. The anticipation is part of the journey!!:rolleyes:

red devil likes this.
  11. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

All the specs have been set, they are now working on the pattern, Not sure if he will need more info at this stage

12. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

marker2037, ton312, RILO and 3 others like this.
  13. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

I have an approx. 18 year old fabric jacket from Boss that once looked like a leather jacket. It had a coating on the fabric. Unfortunately, cleaning had destroyed it. The jacket resembles a Cafe Racer. I figured I could actually send it to Shawn and have it built for me. I could imagine Tony's red russet as leather, or suede.
    And since suede is rather thin, I got the idea to order a lining from suede. Similar to an unlined jacket.
    Is that sensible or a stupid idea?

RILO, ton312 and JustinW like this.
  14. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

There are many grades of suede - I would go with a goat suede which is ultra tough. I had toyed with getting an unlined jacket from Shawn. I have had them in the past and I like how they wear.

MrProper likes this.
  15. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

Since you asked, I think a suede lined leather jacket is a stupid idea. I mean suede is basically the underside of the hide... why not go for an unlined jacket instead? The suede would only add weight and bulk to the jacket. It would not make it easier to slip on, it would not add any warmth.

RILO and MrProper like this.
  16. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Practically Family

I had a Schott cafe (P571, check it out for photos) that was unlined, so basically the underside of the leather. Dont know the true definition of suede, but it felt like suede. It's tricky with the sleeve, getting it on and all that, but I liked it. After 10 wears or so, the grain settles and it smooths out. Probably wouldn't suggest for a tropical climate, but I think you're in Austria so won't get too sticky.

MrProper likes this.
  17. ton312

ton312

I sold my unlined suede type III b/c it was such a PIA to put on and off (if I had anything other than a t shirt on). Now if it’s rough out (finished side in) like my y’2 it’s a much easier process to put on and take off.

MrProper likes this.
  18. Claybertrand

You're out of control bro!!! :):):):)

RILO and ton312 like this.
  19. ton312

ton312

100%. I actually think the next one will be the best yet;)

RILO, Marc mndt, Zoo and 3 others like this.
  20. Claybertrand

Your designs keep getting better and better man. Can't wait to see the next gem!

ton312 likes this.