Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
my daughter had an old, cheap fashion jacket from H&M made of synthetic leather that has slowly dissolved. But it was her favorite jacket and she doesn't want any other.
So the idea was to have the synthetic leather jacket reproduced. but with good materials.
The pictures of Shawn look good.
View attachment 296856 View attachment 296857 View attachment 296858 View attachment 296859

Very kind @MrProper. So very thoughtful of you, is it a surprise gift? Either way I'm sure she'll like it.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, that's so cool. Really love their inner pocket design lol I'm planning to get a Thedi this year, I already emailed Theodoros and am saving up for it. I already know which model I'm getting but still undecided on the leather. Choosing between the waxed cocoa buffalo vs black cowhide vs HH.

Depending on the model, the tan buffalo could be a very nice option. It shoud darken quickly in your area :)

Otherwise, I would say go for red!! I am biased of course :D

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Depending on the model, the tan buffalo could be a very nice option. It shoud darken quickly in your area :)

Otherwise, I would say go for red!! I am biased of course :D

Red is probably way out of my comfort zone at this time lol
Yes, I've seen that a lot of the tan buffalo and that's definitely something I don't have anything in my wardrobe

This is what I'm leaning towards to get with different hardware on the snaps and maybe having the zipper teeth hidden
IMG_1673.jpg

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, I've seen that a lot of the tan buffalo and that's definitely something I don't have anything in my wardrobe

This is what I'm leaning towards to get with different hardware on the snaps and maybe having the zipper teeth hidden
View attachment 297056

Your comfort zone will expand gradually if you give it the chance lol

Hmm... looking at this model, I think I would opt for the cocoa buffalo from among your choices.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Your comfort zone will expand gradually if you give it the chance lol

Hmm... looking at this model, I think I would opt for the cocoa buffalo from among your choices.

I ventured out quite a bit last year with my new style choices (leather jackets/boots). This year I need better pants to go with them lol

Agreed. That's what I was thinking or the bruciato HH that Marc has on his Thedi

View attachment 297056
Love that jacket. I’d want a different mouton though. That one reminds me too much of Sherpa. Great cut though. Reminds me me of a PHWM (but the Thedi cut is better) with a winter collar.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Love that jacket. I’d want a different mouton though. That one reminds me too much of Sherpa. Great cut though. Reminds me me of a PHWM (but the Thedi cut is better) with a winter collar.

Yes, probably something of a tan mouton collar. Yes, a clean pattern for sure and that removable collar certainly adds a lot of cool. Id do away with the front pocket snaps too.

I dipped my toes in the water with raw denim this year. Once you dive in, there is no turning back.

And don't forget your full blown cross zip. lol.

I always wanted to get them too but since there are so many brands it's hard to choose lol if I go local I'll probably stick to tellason as they are local to me as well. If they let people into shops again I'll go to standard and strange or self edge to try on stuff too.

Maaaaaaan! We'll see how I feel about it when I get the muted j24 lol

Pandemic

One Too Many

View attachment 297056

I think my next jacket will be a bit of a hybrid of this and @ton312 ’s latest creation. I’m digging the 70s vibe I guess.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I think my next jacket will be a bit of a hybrid of this and @ton312 ’s latest creation. I’m digging the 70s vibe I guess.

Maaaaaaan, another project that's welcome news here.
I do like the 70s collar vibes that's why my last 2 JL look the way they do lol
I've been liking the simple straight zip designs recently, it's just one of those I'm not worried that will look out of place years from now.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Nobody likes the word MUTED. lol. We like the word BADASS around here. ( yeah, I've had a few before the big Buckeye game tonight. LOL).

I cut my teeth on Bravestar. Cheap, but impressive. You can never go wrong with local either.

Got it! Will not type that word here again lol
I do like the badass look of the J24, it has a such a presence to it. Classic.

Didn't realize it's the FBS playoffs already. Good luck with your team. Hope you get to go to the games next season.

Now bravestar price range is my kind of selvedge, I just can't seem to justify paying too much for jeans lol I'm not sure how other selvedge denims prices are but tellason is about $230 full price but around $175 if they have the weekly sale of a specific pair of pants.

roadking04

Practically Family
I didn't want to pay the big money for jeans either. Bravestar fit the bill. I got them on a Black Friday deal for $98. They fit perfect, now I am hooked. The raw denim hobby looks to be a fun wormhole to go down. My first button flies and my first "cuff" jeans. I'm all in. Iron Hearts are on my radar.

No jacket collection is complete without a Schott Perfecto. Ultimate " bad boy" jacket.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I didn't want to pay the big money for jeans either. Bravestar fit the bill. I got them on a Black Friday deal for $98. They fit perfect, now I am hooked. The raw denim hobby looks to be a fun wormhole to go down. My first button flies and my first "cuff" jeans. I'm all in. Iron Hearts are on my radar.

No jacket collection is complete without a Schott Perfecto. Ultimate " bad boy" jacket.

That 5* Black Friday deal for selvedge denim is such a wonderful deal. Nicely done! What cut and color did you get? Yes, I see the allure to it just like how we love our jackets. Button flies seem to be a thing with that crowd huh, not to sure about it maybe it's more comfy to wear though. Iron heart it is then lol

Yes! Those are rock and roll to the core. Your perfecto should be coming along soon, hopefully any day now.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I went with the 21oz. blue straight leg. They fit me pretty good. I was worried they would be to tight.

I found out that jean sizing is all over the place. I normally wear 38 waist with levis. I went with 35 on the Bravestars. Just check waist measurements when you go to buy.

I saw those, they look great. I might want to try something in a slim straight cut.
Noted, one thing I learned from this site is always go with actual measurements compared to size tags.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
My trucker finally arrived today. Some quick first impression thoughts. I’m really really happy with how it turned out! Measurements worked out and the fit is like I wanted it. The premium seal goat exceeded my expectations! Really thick and sturdy and nice grain. Solid straight stitching.
Only downside would be that when it’s buttoned there is some excess material in the back around the waist as you can see on the picture below. I only gave pit to pit and hem measurements, to avois this I probably should have given waist measurements as well. But I don’t think it’s that bad. I can absolutely live with it. What do you guys think?

First two pics buttoned.

DD2FC7BE-8902-4914-95D6-D699956A9200.jpeg
8883661D-E966-4717-84B8-3ADD12683277.jpeg

Unbuttoned

6636CBA6-1A49-4B19-9F31-822E79904162.jpeg
4A87AD2B-B87A-4873-A693-DD82C372BE2C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto