Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Hh121

Banned
If I’ve learned one thing about 5 Star...it’s that I don’t look too closely at the fit photos he provides. I ask for them mainly to help spot construction issues.
Got it, if the winter HB is similar to your heavy HB I should be fine.

Seank

A-List Customer
A question for G1 owners- how do you prefer the fit? (Yours, not my pics)
I like my new jacket and in photos I think it seems to fit me well.

Maybe it’s the knits, I’m not used to wearing jackets with knits, except for my RMC A1 and honestly its not a great comparison because it’s a little to big for me and may go up for sale soon...so if you are looking for a high end shinki A1....stay tuned.

but I seem to have a recurring issue... the back length always feels short to me. Even after extending it some and using narrower width knits in this remake the issue is still there, although slightly less noticeable in this jacket vs my first.

The fit/feel problem is where the leather stops and the knits begin, primarily on the back length. I am used to jackets where the full length of the back is all leather...but with knits the leather portion always seems to feel weird because it stops just at/above my belt and then the knits begin. I usually spec my full leather back jackets with a back length just below my belt.

The G1 Just always feels short to me but the with the knits the overall length looks good...if I extended the jacket any longer than I think the knits would be to long and it would definitely be to long in the front and end up covering my front pockets.

Is this the way a G1 is supposed to fit and something I just need to get used to for this style?
I know minor issue...but that what the lounge is for isn’t it? Obsessing over minor issues with our jackets? Haha. 0BBFB9F5-4890-416C-BF1C-DBB05D54B71E.jpeg AC98EF5F-6E44-4413-8746-9C329CC5DBE5.jpeg 64699928-FC9A-44EC-8992-B87F78DD0617.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Maybe it’s the knits, I’m not used to wearing jackets with knits, except for my RMC A1 and honestly its not a great comparison because it’s a little to big for me and may go up for sale soon...so if you are looking for a high end shinki A1....stay tuned.

but I seem to have a recurring issue... the back length always feels short to me. Even after extending it some and using narrower width knits in this remake the issue is still there, although slightly less noticeable in this jacket vs my first.

The fit/feel problem is where the leather stops and the knits begin, primarily on the back length. I am used to jackets where the full length of the back is all leather...but with knits the leather portion always seems to feel weird because it stops just at/above my belt and then the knits begin. I usually spec my full leather back jackets with a back length just below my belt.

The G1 Just always feels short to me but the with the knits the overall length looks good...if I extended the jacket any longer than I think the knits would be to long and it would definitely be to long in the front and end up covering my front pockets.

Is this the way a G1 is supposed to fit and something I just need to get used to for this style?
I know minor issue...but that what the lounge is for isn’t it? Obsessing over minor issues with our jackets? Haha. View attachment 298453 View attachment 298454 View attachment 298455
I think it's just like that. I
have to say that I haven't noticed that negatively so far. It's also my only jacket with a knitted waistband.
C2318558-E220-4CB7-BCE7-63D2DC95DF4E.jpeg
388E2513-A5EE-491E-AE63-046072134560.jpeg

CRP

New in Town

I know minor issue...but that what the lounge is for isn’t it? Obsessing over minor issues with our jackets? Haha. View attachment 298453 View attachment 298454 View attachment 298455
The back length on this G1 looks perfect. As a flight jacket, my understanding is they are supposed to be a shorter jacket.

bn1966

I’m used to A-1’s, A-2’s and G-1’s and I like mine short. Yours looks very good to me in overall fit and length Seank. Nice jacket.

Below is my 5* G-1 back with jacket straight out of the box when it arrived.

76DF6F42-A6ED-4A1C-BDAC-E5B23A28176B.jpeg

Seank

A-List Customer
Ok. More confirmation. Guess just something for me to get used to “feel wise” vs what I am accustomed to.

Thanks!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

If you look at photos of G1's being worn many fit longer than that one. I would put that a just right.

bn1966

Just about to get Shawn to make me a custom type 3 style Trucker jacket in the black deerskin. Going to send him an old type 3 of mine that fits nicely to get the measurements off of. Loving that black deerskin and its light weight....

bn1966

Ok. More confirmation. Guess just something for me to get used to “feel wise” vs what I am accustomed to.

Thanks!

I think the M422A jackets were a bit longer but my experience of service issued G-1’s is that they fit short. I recently purchased a leather without knitted waistband and initially thought ‘this is quite long’ used to it now
:)

Hobbes1

A-List Customer
the deerskin trucker arrived today. My sister loves it, glad I was able to give it to her before she leaves after the holidays. The leather is fantastic, soft hand, lovely grain, drapes well, no strong chemical smell. It's so much nicer than the premium goatskin I received before. It might be their best leather yet. I'm ordering one for myself lol

View attachment 298272

View attachment 298273

Before I applied the buttons

View attachment 298274

After antique brass donut buttons were placed

View attachment 298275

View attachment 298277

View attachment 298276

View attachment 298278

I'm not really a leather trucker fan but i must say that jacket is very flattering on her. You got a good job done and I'm very impressed with the way it came out. Your button work makes all the difference.

Seank

A-List Customer
I’ve also got a deerskin project I’ve been inquiring about with Shawn...sent him some pics of what I want to have made a while ago. He’s been oddly silent on the matter. We’ll see.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
What’s the official name for this hide, in terms of color?

Black deerskin 1mm, it's really black. It looked brown on the close up but it's not brown at all.

I’ve also got a deerskin project I’ve been inquiring about with Shawn...sent him some pics of what I want to have made a while ago. He’s been oddly silent on the matter. We’ll see.

Hope he gets back to you about that. All the best

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24