Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

PilotJens

One of the Regulars
So hello I am Jens from Germany.

I am new here and just got introduced to five star leather and Shaw's ambitions .
I talked with him about my ill fitting Luftwaffe Jacket and his interest in German Luftwaffe jackets and Trousers .

So I will send him my Ostmann style jacket (Noble House Bf109 for adjusting and replicating plus adjusting the pattern with Infos I gathered about original jackets .
I will draw up a new pattern .I identified what noble house modified on their pattern based on originals and I will try my best to remove most of them to get back to the original cut .

I ordered brasd riri nr10 zippers .13 of them .
11 14cm ones and 2 65cm ones plus 2 buckles for the front latch and 6 buckles for the waist straps .I also ordered 2m * 1,50m of 10oz real wool tartan lining . So I will have enough material for 2 complete jackets .I want to push 5 stars quality limits with this project to get close to a Elc or aero with premium lining and zips .

If someone is interested in this jacket I am willing to part with a pair of riri zips since I got them cheap 1€ for the small and 2,50for the 65cm . I would appreciate some change for the lining though . Since I can send 65kgs of weight to Pakistan I would be able to put some more stuff in .If some are interested I could source some more riri zips and include them in the package.

Have a nice day

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
@Hh121 5 star makes a great trucker, the 3 trucker I ordered from them all have great mobility on the shoulders. Can't wait to see what you come up with and what leather you choose for it.

I would not order one from the website (even if mine is included;)), but use pictures of jackets that you like.
For example, @torfjord and @Jin431 truckers are great.
My trucker:
View attachment 311799

I really like this russet trucker. I never once thought of having a medium brown for a trucker but it looks so good.

Whatever trucker you order, ask for the same collar as @Jin431 as his collar looks dope

It depends on the style. I saved the collar design of yours because I find it really interesting and it's something I would wear.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
So hello I am Jens from Germany.

I am new here and just got introduced to five star leather and Shaw's ambitions .
I talked with him about my ill fitting Luftwaffe Jacket and his interest in German Luftwaffe jackets and Trousers .

So I will send him my Ostmann style jacket (Noble House Bf109 for adjusting and replicating plus adjusting the pattern with Infos I gathered about original jackets .
I will draw up a new pattern .I identified what noble house modified on their pattern based on originals and I will try my best to remove most of them to get back to the original cut .

I ordered brasd riri nr10 zippers .13 of them .
11 14cm ones and 2 65cm ones plus 2 buckles for the front latch and 6 buckles for the waist straps .I also ordered 2m * 1,50m of 10oz real wool tartan lining . So I will have enough material for 2 complete jackets .I want to push 5 stars quality limits with this project to get close to a Elc or aero with premium lining and zips .

If someone is interested in this jacket I am willing to part with a pair of riri zips since I got them cheap 1€ for the small and 2,50for the 65cm . I would appreciate some change for the lining though . Since I can send 65kgs of weight to Pakistan I would be able to put some more stuff in .If some are interested I could source some more riri zips and include them in the package.

Have a nice day

Welcome here! Your project is very interesting! I wish you and your project all the best!

Riu

Practically Family
Just out of interrest, is that hide plated? (do you mind asking shawn?)
Not trying to downgrade it, just trying to understand what i am seeing.
The fit is really nice, congrats.

Shawn said it's semi veg tanned leather natural milled.

air

One of the Regulars
Can you provide a few more explanations of the blue measurements and how you made those choices - I don't quite get this.

I looked a the pictures and measurements posted by @Riu and did a drawing to scale based on them. The color was used to show who I thought would decide each of the measurements.
Measurements in green are those we usually discuss here when sizing comes up, like p2p, shoulder, waist, length from collar to hem...
Measurements in blue are those we don't usually think about, for example length from hem to armpit, height from shoulder to side of the collar...
The drawing is not meant to be a pattern to give to 5*, just an example that shows that once you send 5* the green measurements they will have to decide on the blue ones themselves.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I looked a the pictures and measurements posted by @Riu and did a drawing to scale based on them. The color was used to show who I thought would decide each of the measurements.
Measurements in green are those we usually discuss here when sizing comes up, like p2p, shoulder, waist, length from collar to hem...
Measurements in blue are those we don't usually think about, for example length from hem to armpit, height from shoulder to side of the collar...
The drawing is not meant to be a pattern to give to 5*, just an example that shows that once you send 5* the green measurements they will have to decide on the blue ones themselves.

I understood some of this just not how the blue ones were derived. So these are the measurements a proper tailor would want?

air

One of the Regulars
I understood some of this just not how the blue ones were derived. So these are the measurements a proper tailor would want?
I've never been to a tailor, so I don't know which measurements they would want.
The blue measurements where derived in four ways:
  • Pictures of @Rius cafe racer with a tape measure one it
  • Green measurements
  • Blue measurements
  • My own opinion
For example, the height at which the jacket has maximum width, aka pit to pit is determined by the slope of the shoulders and the size of the arm hole that you need.

Reactions: Riu

MoFo

Familiar Face
So, a few quick pics:
A-2_Fit_Pic (4).jpg
A-2_Fit_Pic (6).jpg
A-2_Fit_Pic (7).jpg
A-2_Fit_Pic (8).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member