Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fixing a Vintage halfbelt

1stsargent

New in Town
I got a great deal on a California LEatherwear vintage halfbelt. But years of use has left it in need of a overhaul. The shearling liner is failing to pieces, the quilted liner in the sleeves is well worn, crappy ykk zippers replacements, but the worst part is on the lower back the horsehide leather is torn in two places. I plan to replace the shearling with cotton twill and replace the zippers with vintage talon zips. But I am having trouble with the torn leather repair and how to go about it. So I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on how to do this? I heard that I should back it with another piece of leather to strengthing it up but I have no idea on what glue to use or if this is the best method. I really want to bring this back to life so any help is welcomed!
Very best

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Hello, 1stsergant: Johnson Leathers

right here in the City can manage some of your repairs very well, I think. The rip in back...I have seen a post here about mending leather tears, but it has been several months since it appeared. Johnson, again, may be able to help you with it. Best of luck with an ambitious project. Keep us posted, please, on your progress. And, welcome to the forum.

1stsargent

New in Town
Well I have been on the forum for a couple of years but thanks for the welcome anyways. I have looked for those earlier posts but have come up empty. I know that they are there but with hundreds of post to sort through they are tough to find. I am really looking to do this myself so not really looking to subcontract.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn