Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FL brain storm request

Barbigirl

Practically Family
I have a writer friend who is trying to come up with three manly-man things that dudes can do together that has an unusual flair. The top thought was:

Stop somewhere and get shoes shined together.

Any other thoughts or ideas that is a little out of the ordinary?

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Prune rosebushes at the city park (my father has done this). Why pruning roses? First, manly dudes don't usually do stuff together, in my experience (well, except drink beer and chase women). But pruning all those roses takes a combined effort. Second, the manly men I know love roses: my father (who was a welder and amateur bull rider), uncle (a lineman), etc. Third, you need manly things such as pruing shears, thick leather gloves and Hefty bags (or preferably a wood chipper) to git-r-done. (This is more for middle-aged to older guys.)

Or how about taking an aerials dance class. You have to be big and strong to pick up your partner and toss her in the air. This is one of the few dance classes where there seems to be a dearth of women. This would be more for younger guys.

Gee, so far we've got gardener, drunk and woman chaser. :eusa_doh: I don't think I like where this is going. :eek: :p
How about something simple like darts and other sports like tennis? I have done the darts thing. It allows us to give each other a hard time about the game and talk about other things. :D

Regards,

J

RedPop4

One Too Many
jamespowers!!!!!!!!
Do I have to do ALL the thinking here?

Sit down in big, overstuffed leather chairs with a glass of Port or a cup of good coffee to accompany a fine cigar.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
I don't know if I can say this on the lounge - so delete if not - but another idea that came up was "wiz together at one of those trough urinals"
:eusa_doh:
Not my idea, of course, but an unusual thought LOL

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Build a birdhouse together?

There may be an intro to wood working class offered for a night or two that could be interesting. Basic photography course?

Attend a book reading at a local book store. Even the big chain stores sometimes have authors visit and lecture.

Volunteer together at a soup kitchen, scout event, animal shelter, etc.

Hummm, not sure if those a manly or not. They sound like fun to me, though :D

warbird

One Too Many
They could go to junk yards and antique shops for the sole purpose of looking for old manly things, hats, sports stuff, etc

Or they could all take a blacksmithing class together.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I've taken a lot of classes. Outside of computer programming and social dance, you hardly ever see a man at a class, other than the odd husband who has been dragged along. [huh]

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Hmmmm...

1. Goto the Pick and Pull Place for Parts
2. Goto the AutoMuseum to look for restoration ideas.
3. Change oil in your wife/girlfriend's cars together.
4. (Not mine) Goto the mall to watch the Hot Dog on a Stick people make lemonade...a funny one...
5. Drink together while barbequeing.
6. Goto the computer store together.
7. Goto the auto parts store together.
8. Go shopping for hat together.
9. Participate in a rum, port, scotch and whiskey taste test...while watching the Speed channel.
10. Goto the skateboard park and point and laugh at all the kids that wipe out.
11. Watch the Man Show together.
12. Shine shoes together.
13. Cook gumbo together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass