Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FL brain storm request

Technonut

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
I LOVE Monty Python. I need a Mountie Chorus.

Yeah, I've been a fan for years.... ;) This is a good one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVJOP1RdHC4

Back On Topic (Who me?? :rolleyes: )

How about some manly paintball? [huh] lol

shoot-out-2004-021.jpg

http://www.washingtonstatepaintballinformation.com/

Diamondback said:
Let's see:
Military history: that I might hone my understanding of the field for my intended career.
Weaponcraft/other martial arts: that I might better fulfill a man's first responsibility of defending those he cares about.
(Considering) dance classes: that I might better my chances of scoring when I start dating. lol

All of those are different because they done for an end goal and benefit. You have to know who Hannibal is in order to use his strategy. ;) Break out the elephants. :p
You also have to know the difference between a broadsword and a glatus for your specific purpose.
Dancing well, aslong as you don't do this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK0PVKfN7M0
:eusa_doh:

Barbigirl

Practically Family
dhermann1 said:
This thread is a fascinating exploration of the profound differences between men and women. I think Barbi is thinking that men enjoy doing stuff together in the same way that women enjoy doing stuff together. Jane Fonda once described how her father and Jimmy Stewart used to build model airplanes together. They couldn't have been further apart on issues like politics, but they loved building model airplanes. They would get together, and spend hours at a stretch handing each other pieces, holding parts together, etc., and never utter a word. When women get together for anything, it's the getting together and "girl-talking" that's the main objective. Not so with guys. I think the idea of finding a "guys get together and doing something" activity is charming and endearing, shows a lot of love on her part, but I'll be mildly surprised if this ever comes to anything. But please keep us posted!

LOL, thanks for the kind words. Just to clarify, this brain storm is actually for a short article to be written for a newletter. I wasn't exactly looking for me something to plan. It has been a very entertaining thread and brought out some good ideas. Perhaps some of the manly-man dude loungers can get together and hang out. :)

Barbigirl

Practically Family
scotrace said:
Mumblety Peg.

Note to self: Never let Fedora Lounge ladies plan your evening.

Prune rose bushes? Keep a pigeon coop?

:eek: I shall choose to not take offense! The Seattle evening coming up will be a hoot!

Cobden

Practically Family
-Re-enact the battle of Rourkes drift with sticks and a BB gun in the back garden. Two have sticks, the other has a BB gun (I still have the scar!)

-Watch all of Das Boot in one sitting

-Ditto, but with Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy or Smiley's People

-Argue about which female film star would make the best Spaghetti Bolognaise

-Construct a suprisingly complicated Mentos/Coke weapon

-Join the French Foreign Legion

Brooksie

One Too Many
On the coast Highway there will be signs that say hellicopter rides and also there are small plane rides so how about take a hellicopter ride or a ride in one of those small planes. I did that once and the plane flew out over the pacific ocean and it was too cool, I would think dudes would like it.

or

Go to a hot rod show.

LB

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
dhermann1 said:
This thread is a fascinating exploration of the profound differences between men and women. I think Barbi is thinking that men enjoy doing stuff together in the same way that women enjoy doing stuff together. Jane Fonda once described how her father and Jimmy Stewart used to build model airplanes together. They couldn't have been further apart on issues like politics, but they loved building model airplanes. They would get together, and spend hours at a stretch handing each other pieces, holding parts together, etc., and never utter a word. When women get together for anything, it's the getting together and "girl-talking" that's the main objective. Not so with guys. I think the idea of finding a "guys get together and doing something" activity is charming and endearing, shows a lot of love on her part, but I'll be mildly surprised if this ever comes to anything. But please keep us posted!

I think you nailed it. Typically, men get together because they have an objective. This can be competitive (who is the best at X?) or cooperative (let's build something!). Women are more likely to have getting together be the objective.

Brooksie

One Too Many
How about if you round up a group of men, have them go to a cigar friendly joint (I almost forgot the drinks!!!) and talk about, ties, hats, cuff links, pocket squares, suits and arm holes.... the men here at the FL do it!:p

LB

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Brooksie said:
How about if you round up a group of men, have them go to a cigar friendly joint (I almost forgot the drinks!!!) and talk about, ties, hats, cuff links, pocket squares, suits and arm holes.... the men here at the FL do it!:p

LB

You have just described the typical Lounge get-together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay