Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FL brain storm request

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Play cards, shoot pool, swear, comment on passing women, get roaring drunk and go whiz on Fred's truck tires.

'Cause his truck is parked over at poetry recital night. :)

Rafter

Suspended
Flyfishing
Skeet Ball
Parasailing
Shooting Pool
Snowboarding
Throwing Darts
Whitewater Rafting

chucklehead

A-List Customer
Barbigirl said:
I have a writer friend who is trying to come up with three manly-man things that dudes can do together that has an unusual flair. The top thought was:

Stop somewhere and get shoes shined together.

Any other thoughts or ideas that is a little out of the ordinary?

pinball.
horse racing.
dog track.
boxing match.
invade cuba.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Zohar said:
Bocce Ball
Hunting (birds, mainly. One usually doesn't hunt deer in a group unless on a dog drive)

My parents used to go deer hunting together; so did my dad and brother. Reading this thread, I'm beginning to think I'm from a very strange family.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
All three be big brothers to boys who need big brothers and go camping, and as teams compete against each other for a playstation.

All three be big brothers to boys who need big brothers and go to the batting cage, and as teams compete against each other for a playstation.

All three be big brothers to boys who need big brothers and stay at home with a sickening amount of pizza and soda and as teams compete against each other on the playstation.

LD

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Paisley said:
My parents used to go deer hunting together; so did my dad and brother. Reading this thread, I'm beginning to think I'm from a very strange family.

You might drive out to the field together, but deer stands are usually a one person domain (at least here in SC). Even couples that hunt deer together usually sit in different stands. Since you're from CO, they may hunt differently out there, so I wouldn't automatically assume your family is out of the ordinary.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
- Juggle chainsaws after a couple of pints
- Play hide and seek in an oil refinery at night with no lights other than matches
- Chase each other with cheese graters and lemons
- Fight to the death using plastic forks and lobster bibs
- Slather each other in butter and lay under the sun for as long as possible
- Fight for the affections of a dame using whatever is handy... in a sawmill
- Hunt for spiders... naked.
- Spend a night in a haunted house with no more protection than a potato chip.
- Have a 3-course dinner on top of a moving train. Whoever drops something gets kicked off.
- Beat each other silly using large frankfurters
- Chase ill-tempered dachshunds in tuxedos
- Clean up my room
- Pick their noses with electric drills
- Go to Bagdhad... swimmming
- Make popcorn in their mouths
- Spend a full day inside a bat cave without getting covered in.... you know what.
- Swim in a vat of beer... without drinking.
- Ride a roller coaster in roller skates and with no protection
- Lock themselves in a room with nothing more than an angry rottweiler with an affinity for groins.
- Watch Casablanca.... in colour
- Enter a demolition derby...on a donkey
- Shine their shoes... with their tongues.
- Walk around downtown Berlin wearing brown shirts and funny little mustaches
- Fly on a commercial airlines (eek!)
- Row a boat to Japan, only to be captured by a vietnamese fishing ship
- Talk about Bill Brasky
- Watch the new Underdog Movie. First one to walk out is a girly man!
- Suck helium and imitate Al Jolson
- Drive through Alaska in their underpants
- Make up stories for the Weekly World News
- Get thrown out of windows... from an airplane
- Spend a night with their grandma
- Go trick-or-treating even though it's not Hallowe'en

Zohar said:
You might drive out to the field together, but deer stands are usually a one person domain (at least here in SC). Even couples that hunt deer together usually sit in different stands. Since you're from CO, they may hunt differently out there, so I wouldn't automatically assume your family is out of the ordinary.

That's generally how it is done out here as well. Whether the stand is in a tree or on the ground is a different story. :D

Regards,

J

jamespowers said:
Ok, what classes do you take? It depends on the class and if it's for more money for your job. ;)

Let's see:
Military history: that I might hone my understanding of the field for my intended career.
Weaponcraft/other martial arts: that I might better fulfill a man's first responsibility of defending those he cares about.
(Considering) dance classes: that I might better my chances of scoring (points) when I start dating. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80