Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FL member sighting?

StanleyVanBuren

I was downtown LA for court this morning around 10am and walked right past a guy who looked straight outta the Fedora Lounge. He was wearing a hat, had a vintage tie, pocket square, and spectators. Very short hair, possibly shaved. White guy. I was crossing Hill going towards the courthouse and he was walking away. Looked like he was with a client (and I was in a rush myself) so I didn't bother to say "Hey, nice hat" or anything.

Anyone on here?

If not, then someone definitely needs to tell this guy about this place if anyone else sees him. He'd fit right in.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
See, thats where the slight of hand into his pocket (not for shoplifting purposes) comes in handy. When he gets home, about to enjoy a brandy, he will hang up his hat, reach into his pocket and find the card. All it will say is the fedora lounge on one side, and the icon of our signature fedora guy on the other.

Classy.

LD

Nashoba

One Too Many
Very Classy LD. Like a scene out of a movie.....

Lady Day said:
See, thats where the slight of hand into his pocket (not for shoplifting purposes) comes in handy. When he gets home, about to enjoy a brandy, he will hang up his hat, reach into his pocket and find the card. All it will say is the fedora lounge on one side, and the icon of our signature fedora guy on the other.

Classy.

LD

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I saw a guy who looked almost exactly like Rooster in the airport in Phoenix, AZ about a week ago. He had on a dark suit, vintage tie and an open road.

katiemakeup

Practically Family
The other day I was driving on Hollywood Blvd right @ the corner of Vine- and I swear I thought I saw a FL- white shirt, fedora, black pants and w & b spectators... hmm....

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Seems we need some kind of password for those of us who, unlike those who are in a rush, but just those who have no nerve to go up to another person and say "Hey, are you from the FedoraLounge?" A one or two simple word that is not used in the every day to day of life so that if it heard, we know and can acknowledge.
Hmm? [huh]

Rooster

Practically Family
Dinerman said:
I saw a guy who looked almost exactly like Rooster in the airport in Phoenix, AZ about a week ago. He had on a dark suit, vintage tie and an open road.
Sure sounds like me doesn't it? Never been to phoenix though. Sounds like that guy really had it goin' on.....;)

Rooster

Practically Family
Dinerman said:
we need a secret handshake
:cheers1:
There ya go, It has to be simple though, I'm too caucasion to do one of those brotha handshakes, somebody's liable to get hurt.lol

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I suspect he just meant he's afraid he'd klutz it up.
Amyhow, I see people (mainly guys) from time to time with cool lids and vintage ties, etc. I try to say hi and tell them about FL. There has been some interest generated. There are a lot of people out there who appreciate this stuff!

Rooster

Practically Family
Rosie said:
Oh! I have the nagging sensation to respond to that..... but; I'll leave it alone :mad:
Oh golly, please don't take offense. I meant no disrespect., Who might I have insulted, Blacks or whites?[huh] I'm at a loss on this one. Today's PC world and oversensitivity makes saying anything a crap shoot. Somebody is bound to take offence I guess.:rolleyes:

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Haven't seen him myself, but I park on Hill & 9th in downtown. I'm interning at reVamp and saw a very FL looking dude yesterday. I really hope he isn't on here though because I made a fool of myself! I was eating lunch and not quite listening to what he was saying cos I didn't think he was talking to me. Yikessss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW