Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flying tigers patches on incorrect jacket?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Hello, this is my first time posting in the jacket section so go easy on me. I've been in the hats.
Yesterday I received an inexspensive bomber style jacket called an Aquila. Its actually a nice thick cowhide. I was wondering if would be horrible to put flying tigers patches on a nonauthentic type jacket. It looks like a typical bomber except no eppaulettes and the pockets are angled. You just see the pocket flaps too.
I have always wanted a flying tigers jacket and it seems this would be an easy one to do it on. I would like to get an indy type jacket next winter so I don't need two plain brown leather jackets.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Indycop - off course you can put any patch you like on your jacket - it just doesn't make it a Flying Tigers Jacket. It's still just a leatherjacket with a patch on.[huh]
And believ me, the more you read here, the more you want the real thing.;)

100_0363.jpg

100_0374.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
Indycop - off course you can put any patch you like on your jacket - it just doesn't make it a Flying Tigers Jacket. It's still just a leatherjacket with a patch on.[huh]
And believ me, the more you read here, the more you want the real thing.;)

Great, I have no doubt that'll be exspensive!

Research! You can get good repro patches of actual Flying Tigers...or the later 23rd from various sources. Putting them on a jacket that you enjoy wearing seams like a fine idea to me!
HD

indycop

I'll Lock Up
HoosierDaddy said:
Research! You can get good repro patches of actual Flying Tigers...or the later 23rd from various sources. Putting them on a jacket that you enjoy wearing seams like a fine idea to me!
HD
That's what I'm thinking since there are some nice jackets I would like to have but in florida there is little opportunity to wear them. I am also wanting one those with the nose art designs on the back, and a leather trenchcoat, and one more that I would never be able to wear unless I traveled up north in the winter. The old bomber that had the thick fleece piling in it. Actually not the bomber though. I think its a tanker jacket although they could be the same I suppose. I saw one in a sherman tank from a battle of the bulge pic.
I love the fighter planes from the war. But my grandfather was an MP in wwll and I was an infantryman in the 80s so I am partial to air and ground.
P.S. Sorry for being longwinded!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay