Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

foam rollers vs velcro rollers?

Lillemor

One Too Many
Up-do of course.lol and when I see updos on other women I think of it just as such; an updo. I don't know why I just think of it as hiding something when it's my own hair.[huh]

Lillemor

One Too Many
I set it dry without styling products. That way I have the best control and if I hate it, I spray over it with leave-in conditioner and brush the curl right out. If I like it after brushing, I spray well all over with a styling product.

I took some really crap photos yesterday when I set my hair on a whim in front of the TV. No mirror and completely absent minded. Ladies; Do not do this at home!lol It was all very random but I've begged hub to take time to show me (again, again) how to upload photos from my mobile. I'm sure I have a few photos of an older setting too. This time I remembered to take photos with rollers in, right out of rollers, and brushed.

The foam rollers cause such little damage that regardless of what I ultimately decide to do with my hair, I'll always want to set it sometimes.:) I've seen old Bollywood films where the front and sides were styled and the long back was bunned or braided. Maybe that'll be my style for golden era vintage.

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
I've tried velcro rollers and several types of standard foam rollers and got sort of sub-par results from both. I know these look really, really silly but I have had fantastic results from them. I usually use the large size on top and around my face and the smaller size around the nape of my neck and on some of the lower layers. If I'm going for smaller curls I use the small size all over - you have to comb them out pretty thoroughly or get a "Jew-fro." lol

http://www.softspikecurlers.com/

I roll them while my hair is damp and use endpapers to keep the curls neat. They aren't the most comfortable things to sleep on, but they're not too bad.

64tonya

One of the Regulars
64tonya said:
You are too cute and classy KittyT! I'm getting those tomorrow!
Ok, a little later than tomorrow but I finally got a set of those soft snap foam pillow rollers you recommended and I think I'll try them tonight :) (Mine are leopard)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner