Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Food network, anyone?

I would try camel. I've tried alot of foods that I never though I would. Alligator..rattlesnake..buffalo..snail...squid...among others. It all comes down to taste..texture..and if it's prepared properly. Some rather exotic foods I have liked..but others not so much. Same with more ordinary dishes. I don't like PEAS! ..but you never know..unless you are willing to try something new and perhaps different..:eek:.
(spring peas ain't bad)

If some people saw a pig pulled out of a pit in the ground..they might be squeemish about eating it...but nine times outa ten..they'd be missing one of the most succulent deelicious meats on the planet...:cool:

rue

Ack! No thanks! I lived on a 40 acre ranch with Angus cattle, chickens, pigs, goats, etc..... when I was a teenager (my mother's brilliant idea to buy a ranch after living in the city her whole life) and I have no desire to know about what happened to them. I shop at an organic food market.... good enough for me! ;)

Foods that I have eaten..but don't care to eat again...'Scallops'..don't like the taste or texture. Seems all along the eastern and southern seashore they want to add them as a side..ewww they are just horrible! Mussells..not quite as bad as scallops. Snail..no sale. Dark raw chocolate ..takes hours to get rid of that gawdawful bitter taste. I'm sure I'll think of others..after I can get these distasteful thoughts outa my head......

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well apparently, others have tried it & it isn't too bad, and if you want to be completely over the top.....

Wow Lolly, hey ever heard of TurDucken? A chicken stuffed in a duck, stuffed in a Turkey. This must be the Mediterranean equivalent.

I like most food with the following exceptions: 1. Hard Boiled Eggs; 2. White Gravy (same ingredients as paste); 3. Sardines; 4. Liver; 5. Rocky Mountain Oysters (professional courtesy).

Personally, the whole snails thing is overrated. An old friend bought an order years ago. It came with Garlic Bread and the two tasted the same, but the snails cost 8x as much. I did hear that California Banana Slugs aren't exactly endangered and cook up the same. If I could get the makings in my backyard...

With food I always watch out for things called "delicacies". Delicacy is what really disgusting food is called by the locals to get tourists to eat it. Think Lobster tamale (the liver).

Good Morning Kansas

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I would try camel. I've tried alot of foods that I never though I would. Alligator..rattlesnake..buffalo..snail...squid...among others. It all comes down to taste..texture..and if it's prepared properly. Some rather exotic foods I have liked..but others not so much. Same with more ordinary dishes. I don't like PEAS! ..but you never know..unless you are willing to try something new and perhaps different..:eek:.
(spring peas ain't bad)

I'm pretty much an "I'll try any food once" person, with some exceptions (rocky mountain oysters being one). I never understand people who refuse to even try something new.

Feraud

Bartender
To be honest, if you want to eat meat then you need to know how it's slaughtered and prepared. There was an episode of Two Fat Ladies where they went shooting for their dinner. Worth watching.
I tell people if they want to use cellphones and computers all day they should know how they are made too but they look at me with a blank stare.. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart