Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: Vintage 1970s Schott Perfecto Cafe Racer

Jack Bauer

New in Town
Preface
Hi all! This is my first post to the forum. Though I'm new here, I'm extremely active on other platforms, primarily focusing on Red Wing Heritage footwear over the last three years and, more recently, Schott NYC jackets. I'm a Top Rated Seller on eBay with over 1,170 Positive Feedback ratings and regularly sell on other platforms with 100% positive feedback. I'm located in the United States and regularly ship domestically and internationally. I take pride in my communication, friendliness, and items offered. Since I'm new here, I wanted to share that before describing my listing. If you've any questions whatsoever, please don't hesitate to DM me. Thanks!

Listing
For sale is a vintage 1970s-era Perfecto cafe racer jacket.

This model is similar to the current CAF1, which itself modeled after this particular style. Though the size tag by the Perfecto label shows 50 (XXL), it has a second size label in one of the breast pockets that shows 42 (L). I spoke to Schott’s customer service representative about this, and they concurred the 50 label was probably mistakenly selected and installed. With that, please refer to the actual measurements listed below.

Both the interior and exterior of the jacket were thoroughly cleaned. After cleaning the exterior, the leather was oiled and buffed with a microfiber rag. The Perfecto label was cleaned with diluted dish soap and rinsed well (a rag was placed underneath the label to protect the liner). The liner was sanitized and steamed with a garment steamer.

The jacket is in excellent vintage condition, both structurally and aesthetically. It shows signs of wear consistent with its age, providing excellent patina and character. One sleeve has an area that was previously repaired (see picture).
The measurements are as follows:
  • Pit-to-pit: 24”
  • Shoulder-to-shoulder: 22”
  • Sleeve: 24”
  • Back collar-to-waist: 25”
  • Front collar-to-waist: 24”
Price: $375.00 plus shipping (international shipping is available). Payment can be made via PayPal Goods and Services (you cover the fee) or Friends and Family. I can also accept Venmo.

The jacket will ship insured for the full value of the sale price. Tracking information will be sent as soon as it has shipped.

Thanks.

1.jpg

11.jpg
11.jpg

111.jpg

11111.jpg

1111111.jpg

111111111111111111111111111111111111.jpg

1111111111111.jpg

111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111.jpg

Last edited:
This is a very nice jacket but it is a size 50, no doubts there. It looks like a 56, honestly! Which is what would've been my guess based only on the photos. There are many revealing signs of this jacket being a really huge size number - Gigantic space between the chest pockets, for starters - so... I would without any doubt ignore the 42 tag and go with the 50.

Jack Bauer

New in Town
This is a very nice jacket but it is a size 50, no doubts there. It looks like a 56, honestly! Which is what would've been my guess based only on the photos. There are many revealing signs of this jacket being a really huge size number - Gigantic space between the chest pockets, for starters - so... I would without any doubt ignore the 42 tag and go with the 50.
Thanks for your input! It’s strange why different labels were installed (again, likely was an error). I’ll revise the listing to make it clear to focus on the measurements provided.

Thanks again!

Thanks for your input! It’s strange why different labels were installed (again, likely was an error). I’ll revise the listing to make it clear to focus on the measurements provided.

Thanks again!

It don't harm your sale if it's a bigger jacket - On the contrary. Good, vintage Cafe Racers such as this one are extremely rare in a larger size so there's no harm in it being a size 50.

This is the one I had (photo by @Marc mndt), a size 42 or 44 I believe, not sure but even though it was too big for me, you can see how differently proportioned it is compared to the one you're selling.

These jackets are also relatively narrow 'round the shoulders, 18" or so I believe so the 22" on yours is also consistent with a larger size number.

823b8b6c-2877-41a2-9aec-595f8674f79d-jpeg.290112

Jack Bauer

New in Town
It don't harm your sale if it's a bigger jacket - On the contrary. Good, vintage Cafe Racers such as this one are extremely rare in a larger size so there's no harm in it being a size 50.

This is the one I had (photo by @Marc mndt), a size 42 or 44 I believe, not sure but even though it was too big for me, you can see how differently proportioned it is compared to the one you're selling.

These jackets are also relatively narrow 'round the shoulders, 18" or so I believe so the 22" on yours is also consistent with a larger size number.

823b8b6c-2877-41a2-9aec-595f8674f79d-jpeg.290112
This is really helpful information. Thank you again! I appreciate the opportunity to learn more about vintage Schotts, as this is the sixth Schott jacket I've owned over the last 11 months. I currently own two 530s (black and brown).

Hopefully the size will work for someone to enjoy.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
For anyone that may have been interested and missed out on this Schott 654 Size 50, I have one I am selling in about the same overall condition that I will let go for a better price than the last price stated here. Just thought I would throw it out there now. I need to list it at some point anyway. PM me if you are interested.

1659285600304.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ