Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forbidden items in my home...

randooch

I'll Lock Up
What about pot belly pigs? :p

If I had the room and could provide a decent environment for them, I would definitely have a pig or two. They're far smarter than dogs (even mine!) and would provide much amusement, devotion, and companionship. (I'm a vegetarian and have been for decades, so my interest in animals is based in respect and kindness. I'd only eat one if it were a question of survival, which will never be likely.)

:)

Lily Powers

Practically Family
I forgot to add that Liverpool FC (An English soccer club) fans are not welcome in my house. (Yes, that is serious)

Oh, the pain of rejection!lol

Not welcome in my home are men in short sleeved white shirts with black ties and conservative haircuts, waving pamphlets and trying to persuade me to let them in so they can preach the Bible, Book of Mormon or other religious beliefs they feel I need to learn.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not welcome in my home are men in short sleeved white shirts with black ties and conservative haircuts, waving pamphlets and trying to persuade me to let them in so they can preach the Bible, Book of Mormon or other religious beliefs they feel I need to learn.

You know that they can't leave until you let them go. And, so.. you can torment them for full hour on your bad days.. Great way for stress relief! lol

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up

I remember when I was a kid in the 60s, my mom was in the shower when the doorbell rang. I went to the door, and as I was taught to never open the door to strangers, observed 2 well dressed people standing there, telling me something and wanting to come in. I told them to wait, ran inside and said to my mom, through the door, that there were people at the front door who had witnessed something and they wanted to come in.

After a brief pause, she told me to not let them in, tell them 'thank you,' and come back in from the hallway and close the inner door.

Later on, I asked her, or she attempted to explain to me what that was all about. I dont think I understood it for a while as I was pretty young, and there was no internet to look up what a Jehovah's Witness was.

rue

I remember when I was a kid in the 60s, my mom was in the shower when the doorbell rang. I went to the door, and as I was taught to never open the door to strangers, observed 2 well dressed people standing there, telling me something and wanting to come in. I told them to wait, ran inside and said to my mom, through the door, that there were people at the front door who had witnessed something and they wanted to come in.

After a brief pause, she told me to not let them in, tell them 'thank you,' and come back in from the hallway and close the inner door.

Later on, I asked her, or she attempted to explain to me what that was all about. I dont think I understood it for a while as I was pretty young, and there was no internet to look up what a Jehovah's Witness was.

I had a great uncle that used to answer the door naked and invite them in to see if that would scare them off, but it never did. They actually came in and talked to him :eeek:

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Liver.
Cigarettes, cigars or incense. Pipes are kind of nice smelling, perhaps on the deck.
Rap/hip-hop/etc.
Unaccompanied children (who, if allowed in, will be provided with chocolate covered espresso beans and a puppy prior to departing)
The Toronto Star newspaper.
Instant coffee.

My roommates are disappointed.
001.jpg

YES! I cant stand cats!

Drappa

One Too Many
:D That is too funny! I had a roomate once, who, whilst I was away for the summer, became engaged with some Jehovah's witnesses and invited them in every day for a while. When I came back they expected to have long talks with me as well, but I went into my room and played heavy metal very loudly until they left. They never came back again.

I had a great uncle that used to answer the door naked and invite them in to see if that would scare them off, but it never did. They actually came in and talked to him :eeek:

rue

:D That is too funny! I had a roomate once, who, whilst I was away for the summer, became engaged with some Jehovah's witnesses and invited them in every day for a while. When I came back they expected to have long talks with me as well, but I went into my room and played heavy metal very loudly until they left. They never came back again.

That's a good way to do it lol

Lily Powers

Practically Family

In college, a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses came to my apartment. At that time in my life, I was polite to a fault, and while I was trying to nicely get them to get the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks off my porch, one of them looked past me and saw my tennis racquet. He said he played for BYU before he took this 2-year "missionary" travel. He was very cute and I said, yeah, they could come back in a couple of days and talk. On the expected day, I naturally had the place clean and tried my best to look fetching. They arrived at the scheduled time... two totally different guys. I was so disappointed. I did find it amusing to question their rhetoric and noticed that if they were interrupted in their obviously rehearsed script, they had difficulty formulating their own thoughts or opinions and had to get back to their rehearsed lines.

Since then, I have mastered the quick, yet polite, dispatch at the door (mid-sentence or not, that door shuts).

That is nothing. My friend's brother answered the door and he got rid them them quickly. They went into their deal and Carl told them "We don't believe in God. We believe in Satan." He promptly slammed the door after. We looked out the window and they took off looking back at the house once. They never came back---ever. :rofl:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran