Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forum Upgrade -- POST ANY ISSUES HERE

Mario

I'll Lock Up
The new CSS layout still seems to have several flaws. Somehow it's too rigid - certain spatial resolutions of the browser window make it go awry. With IE7 I always have that useless facebook connect button hovering in front of the login box:

facebook.jpg

And while I've grown used to the new color scheme I'm still a bit put off by those layout glitches. When browsing threads with a high postcount (like the WHAYWT thread) I always have to scroll to the far right to find the button that takes me to the next page - and I'm using a whopping 1600x1280 resolution. Granted - the glitches I mentioned show up on the IE, but that's just what those CSS browser hacks were made for.​

Sorry... :eek:

Last edited:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Men's Issues Forum?

Sort of related to Forum Upgrade...I think that we need to have one forum set up for men's issues, just as the Powder Room is theoreticaly reserved just for the gals and their topics. (In fact, a male Lounger was recently asked just what he was doing posting in the Powder Room. Not me...) Granted, some forums are frequented mostly by males (The Great Outdoors, The Connoisseur), but I believe that there needs to be one where specifically men can candidly write about issues related to them. I think that such a forum (perhaps something like, "The Men's Corner") would be a positive addition, not as an attempt to "balkanize" the Lounge, but simply to provide a place where men could freely share/unload their thoughts with other men, just like the ladies do with each other in The Powder Room...

Last edited:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Hats isn't on top anymore. At the moment, the structure is alphabetical.

We won't see a new "Men Only" forum anytime soon. Men seem to have no trouble speaking openly in the many forums that are already predominantly male... ("Does Vintage get you play?" comes to mind.)
(intensely dislike that thread, btw)

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
not sure if it has been posted before, but i don't like that my icon on favourites is not a little hat anymore lol!

also, not too keen on having to reload page after page, i'm sure each page doesn't have as many posts on it as before.

I think thats adjustable. I increased my 'posts per page' so I wouldnt have to go through as many pages. Lemme see how I did it.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
We won't see a new "Men Only" forum anytime soon. Men seem to have no trouble speaking openly in the many forums that are already predominantly male... ("Does Vintage get you play?" comes to mind.)
(intensely dislike that thread, btw)

Yes, some guys have no trouble speaking openly, but it would be nice to have a forum where just men could interchange male-related ideas. Based on the way the forums are set up now, such discussions often get sidetracked. Here's an example that I've seen more than once: A male Lounger will create a thread where he posts a list (or poem) that he believes contains qualities that a man should strive for. Inevitably, a female Lounger will post a comment about how she thinks those qualities could apply to women as well, with the result that the thread takes a different course and loses its original intent. The reverse chance of this happening is greatly minimalized in The Powder Room, due to its "No peeking guys!" disclaimer. Like I said, that is but one example, but I believe that it shows why a "No peeking gals!" forum should be available for us guys...

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Don't know why, but I have experienced a couple of times that a post youv'e been writing on - and which perhaps has taken some time to write disapeares 'cause you have to log in again. And then you can start all over again - or drop it.
Kind of sad really - since the posts you have taken time to write most of the times are more important and thought through than the snappy replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot