Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forward facing pleats (any company making them??)

John J

Familiar Face
Good rainy day everyone, I hope all is well .

I need to replace a few colors of wool pants for daily work wear. I have some flat fronts But I very much prefer forward facing pleats!!

I had a few pair of Older thrift-ed pants with forward pleats that I just loved.

Reverse pleats do not look good on me and flat fronts are not as comfortable as pleated.

that said,

A) any clothing companies making front pleats currently (I found little in web searches) ? I bought 4 pair of corbin pants with forward pleats at sierra trading post a few years ago But to no avail now only brown in my size and Corbin only does reverse pleats now.

B) would a competent tailor be able to change pleat directions? or would the process be Complicated and expensive??

Your thoughts please

many thanks

"John"

twon12

New in Town
What size are you searching for? I have several pair of pleated pants i various colors.

Good rainy day everyone, I hope all is well .

I need to replace a few colors of wool pants for daily work wear. I have some flat fronts But I very much prefer forward facing pleats!!

I had a few pair of Older thrift-ed pants with forward pleats that I just loved.

Reverse pleats do not look good on me and flat fronts are not as comfortable as pleated.

that said,

A) any clothing companies making front pleats currently (I found little in web searches) ? I bought 4 pair of corbin pants with forward pleats at sierra trading post a few years ago But to no avail now only brown in my size and Corbin only does reverse pleats now.

B) would a competent tailor be able to change pleat directions? or would the process be Complicated and expensive??

Your thoughts please

many thanks

"John"

John J

Familiar Face
I commented on that thread. The pants on that thread with the single pleat looked great.

Ill visit my tailor and see if he can flip the pleats around. It seems like a competent tailor could do this. oven the waistband and cinch down in the other direction.

well see. custom could be an option??

"John"

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Forward pleats are not easy to find on RTW trousers. Years ago I found a lovely pair of tweed trousers, but for the reverse pleats, at the RL Mansion in NYC. The SA said that their tailor could switch them with no problem and that there would be no charge for the alteration. Well, they came out fine so I returned several months later and chose a few pairs of trousers and requested the same alteration. This time they said that there would be a charge of $50 per pair and I said 'bye, bye'.........

CataWhatas

New in Town
Yes. But unlike their shirts (which are great) the trousers often looked slightly off. You really have provide very specific instructions or send and old pair to copy.

My husband has several pairs of pants, and never had a problem with fit or appearance. However, part is that my mother is a seamstress, so she taught me how to take extremely good measurements. Which helps a LOT in getting pants to hang right, no matter who makes them. Which is why current women's pants that are high waist designed always look so darn bad.

Flipping reverse to forward on commercial pants isn't that easy actually. They are rather a beast to take apart and get lined up correctly so they don't look odd when worn. Now, as for why, I'm not exactly sure since I did not inherit my mother's sewing talents, but I know she'll call those jobs various not nice names.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21