Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fruit Fetish?

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Small Town Girl said:
Does anyone else love peaches? I think they're charming!

Oh, I adore peaches! They are divine!

I always said I want to name my daughter Georgia and then get a lush peach tattoo as an emblem for her.

I know, silly, but I love the idea.

Honey Doll

Practically Family
You can find these on Ebay

jitterbugdoll said:
I actually found them at an antique store, and I just couldn't resist them. :)

As for posting photos, upload your pictures to a site like Photobucket first, and then post the link surrounded by IMG tags.

The shoes that ohairas is wearing look like a pair I used to have made by Two Lips. And speaking of adorable shoes and fruit, what do you ladies think of these? I don't care for the heel, but the rest of the shoe is adorable. ;)

carmenshoe_lg.jpg

The store Baby Needs New Shoes has these right now for $15.99 plus $9 shipping!

Honey Doll

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I was just at Wal-Mart this morning and they have the most darling apple print fabric. I think it would look so yummy on a dress.

Did someone say CHERRIES????

Big Cherry fan here....and have been one long before they were so popular.

I just found at my Local Hancock Fabrics adorable fruit and cherry vintagey apron panels by Daisy Kingdom. You buy the 1yd panel and cut out the preprinted pieces and sew them together. I haven't made mine yet but they are too cute! They also have coordinating fabric so you can make curtains or a tablecloth, napkins, etc.

This is the only picture I could find online:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Cherry-Daisy-Kingdom-Apron-Cotton-Fabric-Panel-Kit_W0QQitemZ170092891684QQihZ007QQcategoryZ71211QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I will take pictures of mine when they are finished.

Kim_B

Practically Family
Small Town Girl said:
Does anyone else love peaches? I think they're charming!

I have a thing for peaches. My hubby gave me the nickname "Peaches" while we were dating...we were talking about comfort foods and he was telling me how his mom always serves a side of fruit with every meal to make sure it's well-balanced. We both agreed that peaches were our favorite...from then on he always called me Peaches, and I melt every time he says it... :eek:

Kim_B

Practically Family
Honey Doll said:
The store Baby Needs New Shoes has these right now for $15.99 plus $9 shipping!

Honey Doll

*gasp* Ahh!!! Look at all the stinkin' cute shoes!!!! I'm in heaven!!!

olive bleu

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
I was just at Wal-Mart this morning and they have the most darling apple print fabric. I think it would look so yummy on a dress.

...[adds Walmart fabric section to errand list for tommorrow..:rolleyes: ]

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
jitterbugdoll said:
Here is a photo showing the shoe clips, along with some of my other fruit jewelry:
47b6ce24b3127cce8dbc13b196cd00000005108AatmbRq2ctP
I love Love LOVE the set on the lower right side with the bananas. Are those earrings? I now feel absolutely compelled to crawl the internet on my hands and knees to find something similar.

I actually don't have a banana fetish (!!!), but I do think that the inclusion of bananas in a fruit combo is what pushes it over the edge from cutesy to Serious Fruit Intention. :p

Oh, and like a dork, the only instance of BabyNeedsNewShoes.com is a baby shoe site! Could someone save me from myself and post the actual link?

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's an eBay store. I typed the actual phrase with spaces into the browser and clicked on the link. Just to look at the shoes, mind you, I don't need more shoes. ;)
Also, I was looking at the Burlington Coat Factory circular that arrived in the mailbox and they have cute wedgies with a cherry print. 15-20$ and a coupon for 20% off. So good, the fruit fetish is catching on.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Tough Cookie said:
I love Love LOVE the set on the lower right side with the bananas. Are those earrings? I now feel absolutely compelled to crawl the internet on my hands and knees to find something similar.

I actually don't have a banana fetish (!!!), but I do think that the inclusion of bananas in a fruit combo is what pushes it over the edge from cutesy to Serious Fruit Intention. :p

Oh, and like a dork, the only instance of BabyNeedsNewShoes.com is a baby shoe site! Could someone save me from myself and post the actual link?

Those are the shoe clips, and they are even more adorable in person. ;)

epr25

Practically Family
I mentioned this before but here are the photos. I just hope I can let it out enough to make it fit properly. I think it's super cute. I think I might need some of the shoes shown before in this thread.

friut1.jpg

friut.jpg

Kim_B

Practically Family
Epr25, did you find this locally or on eBay? I have Wednesday afternoon off and will be in town...I think I am going to have to do a little thrifting!

epr25

Practically Family
No Kim B I actually found this in Marion at the Salvation Army. I also picked up two nice 50's formals there too. Don't ask me why. I haven't found anything around here for awhile now:mad: But I am hoping with garage sale seaon it will change? But if you are here on Wednesday don't forget 1/2 off Wednesday at all the Salvation Armies.

Kim_B

Practically Family
epr25 said:
No Kim B I actually found this in Marion at the Salvation Army. I also picked up two nice 50's formals there too. Don't ask me why. I haven't found anything around here for awhile now:mad: But I am hoping with garage sale seaon it will change? But if you are here on Wednesday don't forget 1/2 off Wednesday at all the Salvation Armies.

Thanks for reminding me! I will actually be downtown for most of the afternoon tomorrow, so I will have to pop in the Salvation Army. Now I'm hoping my testing goes quickly (and well) tomorrow so I can get on to shopping! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo