Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen what is the ideal lady for you?

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
Apparently, it's politically incorrect to say "females."

Try calling 'em "dames" or "broads." So Runyonesque! You just might get away with it. ;)

I dare you to use "frails." It'll make your life so much more interesting! lol

I got enough of "Hey, female!" in Boot, honestly, to last me the rest of my life.

The funny thing about "ideal gentlemen" is that I never thought I'd find mine, and now that I have so many EXTRA details I'd never have specified are also there, just making it more perfect than I ever could have reasonably hoped. And I'm so sugary-happy, as my younger brother says, that I seem to be trying to "give the whole world diabetes." :D

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
A woman is perfect for me if.....

She's got everything delightful.
(And if...) She's got everything I need.
(If she...) Takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
(And if she...) Pays my ticket when I speed.

And especially if...

She comes skimming through rays of violet.
(And if...) She can wade in a drop of dew.

And really perfect if...

She can dance a Cajun rhythm,
(and...) Jump like a Willys in four wheel drive.
(If...) She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter.
(And if...) She can make happy any man (even me) alive.

AF

Selentino

One of the Regulars
let me know how the list of an ideal woman works out for you lol
I think many of us have a mental list of what we would like but when it happens it happens and thats all there is to it. My wife is different from me in almost every way, she drives me crazy and I'm lucky to have her. And like a lot of women the person she was when I married her is not who she is now.
We all change so much over the course of a relationship.

Gatsby84

Familiar Face
I think that having an ideal or idealizing anything inevitably leads to disappointment. If you only look for/at an ideal you miss the unique aspects that are often better than the ideal. That being said I, too, have an ideal, but it stays an ideal because it is unrealistic in today's world (and probably the past too).

I have yet to meet a woman I would be willing/able to get along with (and vice versa) in a more than professional (co-worker type) capacity.[huh] Nothing has to be identical, but compatible personalities are definately a boon to a relationship.

-Allen

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
Fedord Spaniard said:
hahaha nah i think we would get whacked for that one.

Dames.. Broads.. Surprisingly I'm much more okay with that one. It may not be flattering, but at least it doesn't have the cold, scientific connotations. And it does conjure up those images of some femme fatale awaiting her Private Eye in a darkened office. Much more romantic.;)

Incorporeal13

Familiar Face
[QUOTE="Skeet" McD]Dear Incorporeal: I'm 55, and...[/QUOTE]

Oh, yes, yes, I am only 21. I completely agree with everything you stated. The nice thing about it where I live, is that I at least am usually greeted with compliments or polite questions and enthusiasm, rather than rudeness or general gawking. I can sit and talk with the older generations around here, but looking for someone my own age, or close, is a bit more of a challenge. I do, however, entertain a fair share of friends, ranging from incredibly close ones that are like family, to mere acquaintances. The wonderful thing about it is that all of my friends are very different, each in their own ways, and they are all very at home with themselves, for the most part. We are all actually very supportive of being ones self regardless of anything else, and we all respect each others individual tastes and such. I'm actually quite blessed to have such people to be around. While I would love to meet more people similar to me, I at least don't feel like an oddball. Around my friends at least. ;) I'm quite fine with being the black sheep, if it comes to that anyways.
Actually, I'm quite blessed, too, to have met the man of my dreams (who is very much the gentleman... unsurprisingly he's from one state over...). We share just about every interest, what we don't share we open each other up to it, and we both have old minds (and dress codes, and decor tastes, and so on and on and on). It's actually somewhat creepy. I'm talking cliche finish each others sentences and say what the other is thinking. After coming out of a four year relationship that went down the drain and that gentleman (and it takes a lot for me to call him that :rage: ) being QUITE the polar opposite of me and demeaning my tastes... Well, golly gee, I couldn't be happier. I can safely say I would marry my beau tomorrow, were he to ask. :D It's already been discussed.

I tremendously enjoyed hearing your case. I think as long as people are happy together, that is what matters. I hope it continues to flourish for you sir, and only gets better and better.:)

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
SuperKawaiiMama said:
Just a note dear Sir - As a rule we don't appreciate being called "females". It is rather de-humanising. "Ladies" is the preferred term, although not applicable to all I realise. If in doubt, stick with "women". :)

Of course, no female/broad/dame/doll/gal/lady/woman/wyman/miss/add yours here can speak for all of us. "We" are individuals and any worthwhile potential suitor will take the time to get to know the preferences of the opposite sex human he is courting. Also, "woman" and "women" is an insult if you are of Victorian Era persuasion.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
MrNewportCustom said:
She is the woman who will inspire me to spend the rest of my life doing my absolute best to be certain that she is as happy as she can be.

She is the woman who will be above everthing else in my life; yet she won't want to be on a pedestal but, rather, at my side.

She is the woman who will make me laugh more than anyone else, because her sense of humor is very much like mine.

She is the woman who will be multi-faceted in her interests and has an appreciation for all things, big and small.

She is the woman who will come to me with her joys and sorrows and will be there for mine, as well.

She is the woman who will devote herself to me as much as I will devote myself to her.

She is the woman who will have me thanking her every day . . . for her.

Lee

My goodness, I couldnt have have put that any better myself. But I'll add that my ideal woman is the one who is as absolutely head over heels crazy in love with me as I am with her. After 49+ years, I finally have that woman.

Feraud

Bartender
PrettySquareGal said:
Of course, no female/broad/dame/doll/gal/lady/woman/wyman/miss/add yours here can speak for all of us. "We" are individuals and any worthwhile potential suitor will take the time to get to know the preferences of the opposite sex human he is courting. Also, "woman" and "women" is an insult if you are of Victorian Era persuasion.

So woman/women is out too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925