Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen what is the ideal lady for you?

Anachronism

One of the Regulars
maybe it's the nerd in me, but I see nothing wrong with the word "female". It is simply a word used to describe someone's gender. I guess "woman" and "lady" can by more subjective terms and may imply something (i.e. that she is ladylike). I think people are waaaaay over-reacting. If you want to hear some offensive alternatives for the word "female" try listening to a rap song. You never hear "female" used as a derogatory term.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
pigeon toe said:
I don't get it...? Last time I checked fear of or hatred towards another person because of their gender identity or presentation wasn't funny.

^That.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
pigeon toe said:
Thanks for saying that. Transphobia ain't cool.

No, it certainly ain't. I have nothing whatsoever against any sexual or gender orientation. Never have, never will. I was trying to point out that some labels can and do hurt, and that labels should ultimately be chosen and designated by those communities to which they refer ... whether ladies, gentlemen, etc.

pigeon toe said:
I don't get it...? Last time I checked fear of or hatred towards another person because of their gender identity or presentation wasn't funny.

Fear or hatred...what?...huh??? Last time you checked?..uh..with whom??
I just think this phobia-itis can become quite comical...
...just as a painted up cartoon charactor "presentation" portrayed as normal is "still" just as absurd to us surviving Phobia-ites.....last time I checked.
I do regret that I have become involved in yet another hi-jack.
...and ,yes,...I am usually a Hi-jack-a-phobic.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso said:
What do you mean by classic?

Well, often, behavior is deemed PC if one disagrees with it, but treating other people respectfully and calling them what they wish to be called isn't really breaking new ground in the land of good manners, is it?

Don't think of it as transphobia or whatever. Just think of it as treating someone as a lady. Or gentleman. Whichever they wish. Until they give you a reason in the form of their behavior to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy