Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Okay, I have a question for you ladies! I purchased the Rago open-bottom girdle a couple of months ago, and love it, except for one major problem.

It comes down past my hips onto the tops of my thighs, and is pretty tight, so it smashes them together. I have pretty big thighs, but never have chub rub in other circumstances. Anyway, having my thighs literally SMASHED together all day, rubbing against each other and getting no air circulation in that region pretty much sucks!

Does anyone else have this problem? I really want a Rago corselette, but I'm kind of afraid to buy it for fear of the same problem.

As another option, I was thinking of getting a Rago waist cincher. Have any of you ladies tried this? Is it comfy and does it work well?

Thanks in advance!

Annie_F

New in Town
The Hell side of girdles

Hello

I'm interested to see so many people here saying "wow, wonderful" for heavy weight girdles and corsets. My memories of the 60s and early 70s are that they can be absolute hell after a few hours. I can't be alone?

Anybody who has worn a firm girdle for some time knows the meaning of the Hollywood clich?© "I'm just going to slip into something loose".

Annie

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
PT I have a Rago cincher, and it is good, except mine is too big! The cinching is minimal so when you add the bulk of it, my measurements are exactly the same, thus defeating the point of wearing it! My waist is a 27 and I bought the 28, but I have since tried on the 26 and am going to get one of those instead. So make sure you get the right size!

As to girldes, well I have a similar problem, only it doesn't squish my thighs together but it does squidge them out the bottom, so I have a noticeable ring of flab underneath. Again defeating the point as I wanted to wear it under pencil skirts. I think in this case I might need to get a larger one! I have given up wearing it in favour of a pair of cycling shorts type shaper like LD mentioned above. They give a wonderful shape, only problem - don't feel very sexy in them!!

Annie_F, I think the girdles of today can be very firm, but also the material isn't quite as heavy [huh] ? I'll let someone more knowledgeable answer that!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I think the fabric really does make a lot of difference in the comfort level -- the firmest girdle I have is a Bien Jolie open-bottom from the late '40s, made of heavy, rigid cotton with lastex insert panels for stretch and heavy boning. I only wear this when my sciatica is intolerable, and usually by the end of the day the discomfort from the girdle makes me forget all about my back pain. Which is kind of a roundabout way of accomplishing the purpose, but hey...

I have no discomfort at all when it comes to my Ragos, and can even do heavy physical work while wearing one -- in fact, I feel like a sagging heap of sag when I'm *not* wearing one!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
That was my fear about the cincher, Fleur! That's the way my cincher from Macy's is.

LD and Fleur, or anyone else for that matter, do you have any of the Rago panty girdles? I want something that has suspender clips because I only use a girdle when I want to wear stockings. The main problem for me is not necessarily the chub rub, but the fact that because my thighs are squished together there is no air circulation! Not fun! So I'm afraid the longer panty girdles, though they might cure the chub rub, will still be hot and uncomfortable.

I still want a corselette though! They are just too cute, especially dyed pink!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
But I believe you can buy bullet bras in 36A from What Katie Did.

Vicki's Nylons sells them in that size as well, and they happed to be located in Arizona. The Web site is rather...interesting, but they ship quicky and I have always been pleased with the customer service. :)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Have you ever tried a panty girdle and a long line bra?

LD

Nope, I haven't tried either yet! I don't have any squishing at the top of my girdle, so I don't really need a long line bra. I just want a corselette cos they are cute! I probably shouldn't buy it just for that reason though!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I meant instead of your girdle. That way you can have the protection of the panties from your legs rubbing together (and many come with barters built in), and still have the hold of a girdle from the long line.

Thats my combo of choice, that way I can just pill down the panties and go to the ladies without undressing :)

LD

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
pigeon toe said:
together there is no air circulation! Not fun! So I'm afraid the longer panty girdles, though they might cure the chub rub, will still be hot and uncomfortable.

i have the Rago 6195 panty brief girdle and i LOVE it. i wear it almost every day. i want one in every color.

Etienne

A-List Customer
Picking up on this worn thread...! (again)

Ladies, I REALLY could use some direction here! Here's what I'm looking for:

An "all-in-one", long-leg foundation for a full-figure woman, with underwire in the bra section, garters, in a size 36 DD. I can't seem to find this anywhere. I wrote down an exhaustive list of references I've seen you all mention and still couldn't locate one. Any ideas?? My second choice would be the same garment but with an OB girdle, not a long-leg....Thanks so much!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Etienne said:
Ladies, I REALLY could use some direction here! Here's what I'm looking for:

An "all-in-one", long-leg foundation for a full-figure woman, with underwire in the bra section, garters, in a size 36 DD. I can't seem to find this anywhere. I wrote down an exhaustive list of references I've seen you all mention and still couldn't locate one. Any ideas?? My second choice would be the same garment but with an OB girdle, not a long-leg....Thanks so much!

Don't rule out something without an underwire! A lot of the bodybriefers, long-leg briefers and corselette girdles (especially the Rago ones) offer a lot of support without needing a wire. I'd order a Rago from Girdlebound and then return it if you decide it won't work for you.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KittyT said:
Don't rule out something without an underwire! A lot of the bodybriefers, long-leg briefers and corselette girdles (especially the Rago ones) offer a lot of support without needing a wire. I'd order a Rago from Girdlebound and then return it if you decide it won't work for you.

I second this motion. I really love the Rago shapers. Have you tried a full-body Rago shaper? You order by cup size and they really are quite supportive. Mine gives me plenty of support, and I need it!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Just wondering-who carries Rago items; like what stores? I hate to order things and then have them arrive and not fit. I guess I am just impatient and old-fashioned-I like to buy things in person, not off the internet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou