Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Aurora said:
Cute :D
Had a look at those "High Waist Panties" and the smallest size comes in at a 26" waist *sobs* - They haven't got that wrong by any chance?

The sheer ones sold by Alexis4u.com come in an unstretched waist measurement of 24".

Smuterella

One Too Many
OK, I am now the proud owner of two bullet bras but I need to ask a question, i'm not getting much of a point, esp in the repro one from WKD. Do I need inserts?

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Smuterella said:
OK, I am now the proud owner of two bullet bras but I need to ask a question, i'm not getting much of a point, esp in the repro one from WKD. Do I need inserts?

I've seen vintage bullet bra pads that are conical shaped to stuff your bullet bra with on eBay. I don't know if anyone sells new ones. Perhaps one of the other ladies here knows. I don't buy vintage bras ever because they never fit me, so I'm out of the loop on this one.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
BeBopBaby said:
I've seen vintage bullet bra pads that are conical shaped to stuff your bullet bra with on eBay. I don't know if anyone sells new ones. Perhaps one of the other ladies here knows. I don't buy vintage bras ever because they never fit me, so I'm out of the loop on this one.

Yes, you can get them at secretsinlace.com and vickisnylons.com.

MissHannah

One Too Many
WKD sell them for a fiver. I got the black ones and they do the job, but they are quite itchy on the nips ;) not the softest fabric. I may line mine with something.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Another lingerie line you ladies might like. Lucy B has a line up pinup inspired undergarments designed by Bernie Dexter. Available from lucyb.com or berniedexter.com. For example, this panty with a rear modesty panel, "Inspired by 1950's camera club photos! what a scandal to show your bottom cleavage!"

Please Post Links, thanks.

CassD

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
Another lingerie line you ladies might like. Lucy B has a line up pinup inspired undergarments designed by Bernie Dexter. Available from lucyb.com or berniedexter.com. For example, this panty with a rear modesty panel, "Inspired by 1950's camera club photos! what a scandal to show your bottom cleavage!"

Please Post Links, thanks.

lol lol I like the "rear modesty panel". I suppose that probably was quite a scandal back than, though. Still, it makes me chuckle.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Also, there is an Ebay seller who sells tons of the nylon vintage style panties. For the life of me, I cannot remember the store name. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about? It's been awhile since I've seen that store and want to check it out again.

olive bleu

One Too Many
i have to ask......how are nylon panties for comfort?:eek: This is one area of vintagewear into which i have never forayed..always been a cotton girl myself

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
olive bleu said:
i have to ask......how are nylon panties for comfort?:eek: This is one area of vintagewear into which i have never forayed..always been a cotton girl myself

Very soft - unless they have scratchy lace trim on them. I don't wear them often and wore a pair today with scratchy lace trim - and couldn't wait to get them off when I got home! The only real issue with nylon is that it doesn't breathe well like cotton does so it's generally is not as healthy for the intimate female parts. I love the feel of wearing nylon panties, but I think they're best for special occasions... or maybe when you're REALLY needing to do some laundry :)

Mary

Practically Family
I love the look of tap pants and didn't know they existed until I came here!

I've been looking all over for a week now but I don't seem to be able to find any. Maybe you know where to get them on the internet?! I've only seen hotpantsstyle tap pants and I want mine to be a little longer and in some nice material.

I'm considering sewing some from a pants pattern I have. Do you think it would work? Or should I buy a pattern for tap pants?

M

Miss Roulette

New in Town
Mary- I found it so hard to find decent tap pants (or French knickers as they are known in the UK) that I made my own and now sell them on my website, Sophistikitten. Hope moderators don't mind me posting the website.

I can also second the M&S gingham set- mine arrived at the weekend!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Mary, please use the "search this thread" tool for tap pants. There are many, many mentions of them here and lots of recommendations for places to buy them. For starters, you can get them from secretsinlace.com and whatkatiedid.com.

Mary

Practically Family
Thank you so much both of you.
I really liked the ones on the homepage, miss roulette.

And Kitty. I'm so silly. I tried amazon and found nothing. Of course I'll find some websites here. I'll look those one up.

M

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
After trying on my friends underbust corset I have decided I need one (or 2 or 5 or 10 :p). My major problem with my proportions is that I don't have much of a waist! I'm high waisted, but I have narrow hips, small bust and broad shoulders, so I'm very much a rectangle shape. Whcih of course always makes me feel slightly fat, even if I'm not :p But when I put on the corset I was surprised by how slim and hourglassy it made me look! I had a nicely defined waist and I actually looked like I had bust curves and hip curves! So I felt very slim :D

I have a victorian corset which gives me nice hip curves, but it does nothing for my bust! Where all my friends had these gorgeous curvy cleavages, my corset flattened me out something chronic! So I think for me underbust is the way to go :D It will give me that gorgeous vintage waist, help my posture (I slouch something awful!) and still allow me a gorgeous curvy bust :D

Now to hunt down an underbust pattern (as unfortunately my victorian pattern is packed somewhere at my mum's place, a state away!). Anyone have any suggestions?

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
I just got a Custom Maid diamond panel open bottom girdle and wanted to recommend it to you - it's available from Girdlebound, amongst others.
Very comfortable because it's v-shaped at the front and less functional-looking and prettier than Rago IMO. Now I need another one in black :)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
I just got a Custom Maid diamond panel open bottom girdle and wanted to recommend it to you - it's available from Girdlebound, amongst others.
Very comfortable because it's v-shaped at the front and less functional-looking and prettier than Rago IMO. Now I need another one in black :)

How well does it flatten the tummy and cinch in the waist? I'm always on the lookout to try new girdles!

Does anyone know of any waist cinchers (or girdles that do a really good job at cinching the waist -- all that I've tried on flatten my hips instead), with garter straps? I think a waist cincher would give me the look I'm in search of a bit better than a girdle, but I always wear stockings with my dresses. All of the waist cinchers I've found don't come with garters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy