Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I just got my first pair which is the Okayamas, and they have the red hem stitching. So, are you guys sure they will stretch out and end up about an inch roomier in the waist? They are creating a not so awesome muffin-top effect on me :eek:hwell:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
They will stretch. If they are injury tight, you can speed up the process and extend the stretch by wetting the top waistband and a little more (hold the jeans upside down and dip them in water for the top 2 inches) and then wear until dry.

Hey guys,
I like the fit of 32 straights, but wanted to try the slims for a change. Do I need to size up to a 33? or just stick with the usual 32s?
Thanks!

06911s

New in Town
Hey guys,
I like the fit of 32 straights, but wanted to try the slims for a change. Do I need to size up to a 33? or just stick with the usual 32s?
Thanks!
I have two pairs, one in regular, a 15oz japanese denim, and a slim in 14oz, both are 32 and the fit is good for me. I would probably size up one size for heavier denim (ie for example the 23oz that is in the store today) since I own a pair of Iron Hearts 634s in 32 and wished I had it in 33. I am 5'9" and 170lbs.

andy b.

One of the Regulars
I think the red cuff stitching and bar tack have been abandoned. Something to do with safety concerns when stitching them.

The red stitching on the inside of the chainstitch should still be there. The red bar tacks in the inside bottom cuff seam and under the crotch were causing problems, but according to Cody from Gustin, that problem has been fixed.

Those 23oz look like they are going to wear in nicely. It appears to be a very dense weave.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
They do look nice. I'm glad to hear the bar tack problem has been solved as I thought they were a particularly nice detail. Interesting to see the black X black went first, though. I guess at $89, a bargain's still a bargain.

Last edited:

smoz

One of the Regulars
A question for the UK based Gustin customers on this thread, how much do you typically wind up paying for shipping, duty and other additional charges on a pair of jeans from them? I appreciate that this probably varies depending on the value of the order but if you could give me a ball park figure it would be appreciated.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's the first of the chore coats that actually looks like its own thing, rather than simply a trucker jacket with an extra six inches tacked on with some pockets added.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I hope they all fit, Griff! On a similar tack, my Zimbys are en route! Quite excited, though I'm almost as keen to see whether or not they make it under the wire for customs. My second favourite flavour: cheaper. :D

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Hehe yeah I also got some right in the mailbox, its a good feeling.

No I didnt win the lottery, I just had saved up some money for my Irvinalteration but it seems to take longer then I thought so I started bying some and then it just took off. I backed all that in 2 days or someting :D

The only real chance here is the chino, I know the jeans will fit, and I know the shirt is a smidge too big but still works. The wallet might be too small for my taste but its beautiful so :D

I really like the brown duck pants but I have a pair of wranglers in same brown and I find it very hard to match with anything else so I never use them. Either its a good idea just to have to get other colors on shirts, or its a bad idea altogether. Im temped to wait for another color duck but dont want to miss out either.

wdw

One Too Many
I've got the bug now too, having the Black 3s, Olive Trucker and BlackxBlacks, and have the following incoming:

Red selvedge shirt
Black ventile chore coat
The Naturals
Olive chinos
Heavy Americans

But I've been hit for £20 charges on the jeans and shirt and £30 on the jacket. The only thing that slipped though was a card holder.

andy b.

One of the Regulars
Good to see all this Gustin love! I've backed a few things that have shown up lately as well:

BlackxBlack
GreyxBlack
Raw Umber
Oxblood
and some of the standard indigo jeans

The GreyxBlack are probably my favorite, but the Oxbloods are just so out there I like wearing them.

I've been thinking about the brown duck chinos. They remind me of an older style of work pants, like Dickies or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ