Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

Rachael

A-List Customer
Never be ashamed to show your inner geek!

We have been planning since February to have a Fete Du Macabre at our house this year. We are going as Gomez and Morticia, encouraging our guests to dress as other members of the large Addams clan.

Adele

One of the Regulars
I very much doubt I will get the opportunity to do anything for Halloween, but just incase, I have been thinking about what to possibly dress up as...

Not very original, but I was thinking of being Lily Munster.

Joan

New in Town
Our niece and her young man are getting married in a Halloween costume party wedding. We're attending as Nick and Nora Charles. (They're doing Buttercup and Westley from The Princess Bride.)

(Now I have "Lydia the Tattooed Lady" stuck in my head!)

Miss Sis

One Too Many
A couple of years ago myself, my then BF and two friends went up to London to the 100 Club as the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

I was Death! We had long black gowns with hoods and did our make up, some with prosthetics. I even had a rubber sickle. Got a few alarmed looks as we walked from the tube station to the club.... it was great.

Spitfire said:
Surprise, surprise!!! lol lol
(Must be timesaving ever never have to wonder what to wear.)
Yes, it is--it's also one less load off my mind. Besides, only having two basic colors (all-black being the other) instantly tells you which side of the "split personality" is in charge that day--if you ever see me in the suit, worry...:eek:

Miss Sis said:
A couple of years ago myself, my then BF and two friends went up to London to the 100 Club as the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

I was Death! We had long black gowns with hoods and did our make up, some with prosthetics. I even had a rubber sickle. Got a few alarmed looks as we walked from the tube station to the club.... it was great.
USURPER!!! I was "Death" long before you... lol (Not as "costume", but as "callsign", even had "Ace of Spades" business-cards made--sorry, just had to give you a little ribbing there:D .)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ideas and past costumes...

We have done Gomez and Morticia, it was a blast. I had to make Sr. 1929 a moustache from a scrap of mink. Wish I had pictures!
We have also been the Sheik and Sheba:
l_0eb757c5a7f9b0f9228f89fc7f5f4b82.jpg

I have been Marie Antoinette...that's a different Golden Age:
l_9d3d7e4b9db3eb508ce2a9a766d31e66.jpg

Here's some more ideas:
The Joads from Grapes of Wrath (perfect for families - and so appropriate for the current times! wear your shabbiest vintage)
Fay Wray and King Kong (1 rented Kong suit + 1 very shredded vintage dress)
The Crash of 29 (dead, rich 1929 people - also appropriate for the week)
FDR and Eleanor

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
This will be our 1st year to celebrate with our son Dashiell (19 months old)and we're a bit stumped on family costume ideas with a vintage spin.

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
Socrets said:
The Shadow! All I'm missing is a ring and a red scarf!

I've got me a silver Shadow ring with a red stone, it's a knockoff of the one from the Alec Baldwin Shadow movie.

I got it from eBay...

Check there, or shoot me a PM, it's a size 9....I think.

dv

I just did a search and found one on eBay...

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
My boyfriend and I are thinking of being Arkwright and Nurse Gladis Emmanuel for Halloween.
For those of you that are not familiar heres a picture

Openallhours_1.jpg

i really don't know where to get the nurses uniform though... any ideas?

Smuterella

One Too Many
Miss Caroline said:
My boyfriend and I are thinking of being Arkwright and Nurse Gladis Emmanuel for Halloween.
For those of you that are not familiar heres a picture

Openallhours_1.jpg

i really don't know where to get the nurses uniform though... any ideas?

when I grow up I want to be Nurse Gladys

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I was thinking of the Marlene Dietrich gorilla suit from the "Hot Voodoo" scene from Blonde Venus. I could carry the head, and wear fake diamond bracelets.

I just wonder if I need a blond afro wig, or is a plain blond 30's wig ok?

Miss 1929

Tourbillion said:
I was thinking of the Marlene Dietrich gorilla suit from the "Hot Voodoo" scene from Blonde Venus. I could carry the head, and wear fake diamond bracelets.

I just wonder if I need a blond afro wig, or is a plain blond 30's wig ok?
It really needs to be an afro, or where is the savagery?

Miss 1929

rubyredlocks said:
This will be our 1st year to celebrate with our son Dashiell (19 months old)and we're a bit stumped on family costume ideas with a vintage spin.
You could put the kid in a crate with a padlock, and put little hand flippers on him, and dress up as The Penguin's parents... wasn't that Pee Wee Herman playing his dad?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass