Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Naama said:
Me too! I also never know what to dress up as... So most of the time I'm just me with a lot of white and black make-up on, like, myself dead or something..... Yes, I'm a bore....

Naama

Ha ha, I do the same thing, I have no imagination to make up a costume, and to broke to buy a good one, so I just don the white and black make-up on my face............the sad part is I still look the same as any other day lol lol

Last year my sister and her husband dressed up as WWII zombie soldiers. They looked pretty cool except stupid people kept on asking them if they were Nazi's :rolleyes:

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Here's my sister and her husband
[/IMG]
index.cfm

And here's my cousin dressed up as a living dead doll fashion victim Hollywood
index.cfm

index.cfm
index.cfm

All costumes she put together by going to thrift stores and army surplus stores

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
BeBopBaby said:
I'm dressing as Madame Defarge for Halloween. It's all an elaborate excuse to carry my knitting around with me. :)

Love it! I might have to steal that idea from you next year...

Since I'm working this Halloween, and I work at a coffee shop I thought it would be clever to dress as a "60's beatnik chick." Black skinny capris, turtleneck, beret, sunglasses. Something like this:
beat_chick.gif

I also have the stuff to put together a rather convincing "Lucy" costume, I'm just not sure I want to risk the coffee stains... If I do, it will look like the costume the Lucy Barbie wears:
LucySalesResistanceMattel.jpg

Chas

One Too Many
What are you planning for your Halloween Costume? Vintage costume ideas.

I am a bit lazy this year. I need a round-rim pair of glasses, a long-stemmed black pipe and a black beret with one of my suits, and I am going as Jean-Paul Sartre. My friends (mostly literati and atheists) will get it. It'll be fun.

sartre.jpg

Idledame

Practically Family
I was watching an old movie that had a guy delivering milk I thought it would make a good man's costume-just a long sleeved white shirt, white pants, black work shoes, black bow tie and the white billed cap and of course the metal basket with milk bottles. It wouldn't be too difficult to put together.

Rachael

A-List Customer
not for Halloween, but this is me and the Mister last spring at the Zombie Prom. Lots of Goodwill here, plus three packages of seaweed, and about 4 hours in makeup. But we won King and Queen!

damp1.jpg

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Halloween

Ok, I realize there is a certain theme to all my potential costume ideas...
Evil Woman with fab hair!
1) Mommy Dearest (easy costume and great makeup)
2) Nurse Ratchett (I've always wanted to try out those great rolls)
3) B-Movie futuristic sexy alien with green beehive (I love B movies)

Kassia

One of the Regulars
Odalisque said:
I know it's still a bit early for Halloween but I've been getting my costume together this past week.
I'm currently on a budget but still wanted to do something unique and fun.
So, I decided to be Betty Broadbent aka one of the original Tattoo'd Carnival Ladies from the 20's/30's.
broadbent.jpg

I've got a vintage inspired dress and bought a whole slew of temporary tattoos. I hope it turns out well.
And it got me thinking what everyone else plans to be?
Vintage theme, classic or your own idea?
Or do you still need an idea and want some suggestions?
Spill it, folks!

Ohhh you have given me an idea for a theme party at the dance studio..
The Carnival is one of them and i might just do this too...
Or maybe the bearded lady?

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MJrules said:
...And anyone ever wonder about going as an Edward Gorey character?

We had an entire Gorey party one year. It was awesome. Everyone really got into it.
We had the Galoshes of Despair, various killers, the Unwanted Guest, several Ashleycrombe Tinies, and one person even wrote and performed "At Sara's Very Gory Gorey Party Tango" for us. All the food was made to be as disgusting as possible.
I will try to scan and post some pics later on... it was so long ago, they are all on film.

And thanks Lola! Marie Antoinette is a great excuse to wear a wig.

Jerekson

One Too Many
I'm going for a big-time Star Wars deal. I'll post pictures if you guys would like, but it's not a particularly vintage costume (sorry, but the "a long time ago" thing doesn't cut it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925