Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

Heather

Practically Family
Great thread! I'm currently facing the dilemma of what to dress up as. I haven't had the opportunity to dress up for Halloween in over 10 years and I'm pretty excited about it. My (cosmetology) school is having a pot luck party with karaoke the Monday after the holiday. I really want to do something vintage. Something 1940's. I've seen a bunch of cute pin-up girl costumes but I'm hesitant to dress "too sexy" since we have a new male instructor. My 5 year old daughter wants me to dress up as glinda the good witch and she wants to be the bad witch. I think its a cute idea for taking her trick or treating but so far I haven't been impressed with the costumes I've seen. :(

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
We're having a "come as your greatest childhood fear" party at work, and since growing up I was terrified of nuclear war, I think an air-raid warden's outfit would be appropriate! I already have the helmet and the gas mask, and with a bit of scouting around I should be able to come up with some additional props.

Lizzie, or you could be Miss Atomic Bomb, you know, face your fears :)

miss_atomic57.jpg

IndigoFanatic

New in Town
My friends and I may all be dressing as different aspects of another friend who recently moved to Europe purely for the pictures, and to let him know that he's missed.

If that plan doesn't go through, then I'll likely go to my easy fall-back costume: Johnny Cash. Very simple. Black pants, shirt, shoes, slick the hair a little, carry a guitar.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
This year I'm going to be Indiana Jones, just like hundreds of other people this year. :p
I'm thinking about being the Crimson Ghost (from the 1946 serial of the same name) next year.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Heather

Practically Family
The Wolf said:
This year I'm going to be Indiana Jones, just like hundreds of other people this year. :p
I'm thinking about being the Crimson Ghost (from the 1946 serial of the same name) next year.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Look at you, all planning ahead...;) :eusa_clap

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A friend directed South Pacific this summer and their annual Halloween Party invitation mentioned that and Bloody Mary and some twist on Bali Hai which escapes me at the moment, so I'm thinking we might have to do something along those lines. My brain's still trying to come up with something clever in that vein. Joe Cable returns from beyond, or something with the shrunken heads. I only found out we're dressing when I heard "And figure out what we can go as for their party" as the other half ran out the door this afternoon...

Mike in Seattle

Kassia said:
Ohhh you have given me an idea for a theme party at the dance studio..
The Carnival is one of them and i might just do this too...
Or maybe the bearded lady?

You can also get "sleeves" that look like your arms are tattooed - a pair on the arms, a pair on the legs and you could go as Lydia the Tattoed Lady (a Groucho Marx song).

adamjaskie

One of the Regulars
adamjaskie said:
El Capitano from Commedia dell'arte.

I eBayed a slightly dinged up foil to wear as a sword. Should be getting in any day now. Wearing a coat that is somewhat martial looking in that it has a lapel button that will button the neck shut. I'll probably put together some kind of sash, find a neck ruffle thing, maybe an appropriately rediculous plumed hat. I've got a worn-out pair of black pants that I'll probably cut off below the knee, tuck into long socks, and tie a cord around. Add a mask with a large nose, and all I need is a long, important-sounding name with lots of pseudo Italian/Spanish words in it.

Dr Doran

I'm gonna be Sarah Palin. My friend works in a costume shop and she already has the wig and the right glasses. She'll also do the makeup. I'll shave my legs and I'll get some sort of skirt-suit at a thrift store and shoes. (No, I am not dressing like her out of admiration, before you ask.)

Dr Doran

Idledame said:
Need I add that we HAVE to see the photos?!

If that's addressed to me, then, yes, I'll post photos all right -- IN SPADES.*

[*God, I'm glad I was able to use that term.]

Dr Doran

Ah yes. I posted this in the Events section, but I'll put it here too. On the evening of NOVEMBER FIRST we'll be holding our annual Halloween Costume Party. Prizes will be given. If anyone is/will be in Northern California and wants to come, PM me.

We throw one every year and they are always very well-attended. And the people who come are well-costumed.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Doran said:
Ah yes. I posted this in the Events section, but I'll put it here too. On the evening of NOVEMBER FIRST we'll be holding our annual Halloween Costume Party. Prizes will be given. If anyone is/will be in Northern California and wants to come, PM me.

We throw one every year and they are always very well-attended. And the people who come are well-costumed.

Darn California and it's miles of difference between the Southern and Northern parts!
I need to move to the Bay Area, so I'll be right in the middle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925