Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This I HAVE to see!

Doran said:
I'm gonna be Sarah Palin. My friend works in a costume shop and she already has the wig and the right glasses. She'll also do the makeup. I'll shave my legs and I'll get some sort of skirt-suit at a thrift store and shoes. (No, I am not dressing like her out of admiration, before you ask.)

So we'll be there!

DerMann

Practically Family
Toga.

None of this bedsheet bollocks, either. Mine is made from heavy cotton canvas so it drapes properly. It also weighs a good 3-5 pounds.

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Will anyone be posting their actual pictures here after they are all Halloweened out? I sure hope so because I would like to see the results of all these ideas!

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Mrs. Merl said:
Will anyone be posting their actual pictures here after they are all Halloweened out? I sure hope so because I would like to see the results of all these ideas!

Well, I certainly plan to! I hope everyone else does...I'd love to see them all.

gingermore

Familiar Face
I'm going to a "D and M" 30th birthday party (D and M are the initials of my two friends whose party it is) so I can go dressed as something beginning with either D or M or both. With all of that freedom I'm at a loss for ideas! Any help appreciated.

DerMann

Practically Family
Kassia said:
I have decided to do as the Raven from Edgar Allen Poe's poem...
That reminds me of something my friend once did.

While on his way into work, he saw a dead raven on the ground. He took a piece of paper, tore it to look like a speech bubble and wrote, "Never more."

I laughed for a good while when he told me about it.

Rachael

A-List Customer
gingermore said:
I'm going to a "D and M" 30th birthday party (D and M are the initials of my two friends whose party it is) so I can go dressed as something beginning with either D or M or both. With all of that freedom I'm at a loss for ideas! Any help appreciated.

You could be the Mona Lisa. Or a madam.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
DerMann said:
Toga.

None of this bedsheet bollocks, either. Mine is made from heavy cotton canvas so it drapes properly. It also weighs a good 3-5 pounds.

Awesome. I decided to go the historically-accurate route for my Madame Defarge outfit. Everything is heavy linen. I weighed it all - stockings, shift, under petticoat, jumps, pockets, over petticoat, jacket, fichu, cap and straw hat and everything comes in at just under 10 lbs. lol

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I got invited last-minute to a 1929-Coney Island themed party and wanted to go as the tattooed lady. I got one of those flesh-colored shirts that makes you look like you have tatoos all over, but I'm at a loss as to what to wear with it because this is so last minute. Does anyone have any ideas for a last minute outfit? I went through my closet and don't have anything that would really work. Help, I don't know what to do! :)

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Well, I've got two occasions to wear a costume now, so I'm thinking I need two costumes.

I was really considering going as Elizabeth Short, the Black Dahlia. I'd wear a Black 40's dress, black heels with seamed stockings, my hair in pin curls, a great big silk dahlia in my hair, and I'd do some stage makeup to draw on slits on either side of my mouth and maybe make myself look a little dead.

Do you folks think anyone will get it?

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Sounds like a great costume, but I don't know if anyone but vintage enthusiasts would get it. (Even I would need it spelled out.)

A few years ago, I dressed up as a runaway bride, back when that woman disappeared right before her wedding, and then the police took her away. Nobody got it. [huh]

Odalisque

A-List Customer
maggiethespy said:
Well, I've got two occasions to wear a costume now, so I'm thinking I need two costumes.

I was really considering going as Elizabeth Short, the Black Dahlia. I'd wear a Black 40's dress, black heels with seamed stockings, my hair in pin curls, a great big silk dahlia in my hair, and I'd do some stage makeup to draw on slits on either side of my mouth and maybe make myself look a little dead.

Do you folks think anyone will get it?
I think people will get it since they made the movie just a few years ago.

Kassia

One of the Regulars
BeBopBaby said:
I got invited last-minute to a 1929-Coney Island themed party and wanted to go as the tattooed lady. I got one of those flesh-colored shirts that makes you look like you have tatoos all over, but I'm at a loss as to what to wear with it because this is so last minute. Does anyone have any ideas for a last minute outfit? I went through my closet and don't have anything that would really work. Help, I don't know what to do! :)

Google Betty Broadbent to get ideas.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy