Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Odalisque said:
Darn California and it's miles of difference between the Southern and Northern parts!
I need to move to the Bay Area, so I'll be right in the middle.

Only a 7 hour drive from SD ... or one hour and fifteen minutes on a plane.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
I purchased a pair of leggings for my beatnick costume, and I've almost decided to go as Ann-Margaret in Viva Las Vegas instead. I've got a lovely pair of heels I could wear!
bmn_vivalasvegas-poster.jpg

Heather

Practically Family
maggiethespy said:
I purchased a pair of leggings for my beatnick costume, and I've almost decided to go as Ann-Margaret in Viva Las Vegas instead. I've got a lovely pair of heels I could wear!
bmn_vivalasvegas-poster.jpg

You'd make a great Ann-Margaret! :)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Hey Maggie, I'd like to see that Ann-Margaret bit! :D

Last night my gal and I attended a Halloween party as the ghosts of Bonnie & Clyde:

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

(Years ago, around the time of first Batman movie with Nicholson and Keaton, I did the Joker thing. That's where the present Avatar came from.)

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
It's not vintage but my roommate and I are going as Scully and Mulder.

I love the tattooed lady idea for a Halloween costume, from the original post. We're throwing a "circus freaks" themed party. My roommate and I are going to be conjoined twins.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Josephine said:
I'm going as a Greek Autumn goddess thingy, as it the costume that takes up the least space to pack for the cruise. :)

Costume3.gif

You could also more or less make that Pomona, the Roman goddess of flowers and fruits. She carries a pruning hook-knifey thingy in the iconography.

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
Odalisque said:
Wow. How are you going to do that?

Probably just by sewing a couple of dresses together and styling our hair and makeup identically. I'm going to base the look on Daisy and Violet Hilton, I think.

violetdaisygown.jpg

Odalisque

A-List Customer
get_atomized said:
Probably just by sewing a couple of dresses together and styling our hair and makeup identically. I'm going to base the look on Daisy and Violet Hilton, I think.

violetdaisygown.jpg

Sounds like a fun idea. Although, I don't think I could spent the whole night trying to coordinate walking in tandem and sitting in unison lol

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
Odalisque said:
Sounds like a fun idea. Although, I don't think I could spent the whole night trying to coordinate walking in tandem and sitting in unison lol

Not to mention dancing (it gets wild) and the occasional bathroom trip.

... We're very close. :D

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
HarpPlayerGene said:
Last night my gal and I attended a Halloween party as the ghosts of Bonnie & Clyde

I'm pretty sure my husband and I are going to be Bonnie and Clyde. I've been looking everywhere for a reasonable 30s (inspired) skirt or dress with no luck so far. What I would really like is something with a trumpet skirt. I want to try to recreate this look as closely as possible. Any suggestions?
bonnie_1.jpg

Josephine

One Too Many
Doran said:
You could also more or less make that Pomona, the Roman goddess of flowers and fruits. She carries a pruning hook-knifey thingy in the iconography.

I am a horticulturist... I don't have a pruning knife, however I've wanted one for a long time! I guess I'll just use my Swiss Army knife. :)

texasgirl

One Too Many
Audrey Horne said:
I'm pretty sure my husband and I are going to be Bonnie and Clyde. I've been looking everywhere for a reasonable 30s (inspired) skirt or dress with no luck so far. What I would really like is something with a trumpet skirt. I want to try to recreate this look as closely as possible. Any suggestions?
bonnie_1.jpg

Here's my Bonnie outfit- It's not perfect, but pretty close.
cm2-1.jpg

Sweater is from The Gap and I got it on ebay- search chevron Sweater to see if they have anything
26f1_1.jpg

Shrug I got off ebay too- just search shrug or bolero

Skirt I got at Stein Mart. This style is pretty popular though- you should be able to find something at the mall

Shoes are mary janes- these are the ones I have
985-276936-p-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy